So what's the deal now? Moon? Anyone?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woh really bored of people having a ago at Vista , I use Vista 64 and would'nt go back to that limited O/S winxp if you paid me , goodbye inexplicable out of memory scrapes , good bye inexplicable crashes , hello endless 64bit world.

If a game don't work on it, don't buy it, I won't , there is plenty of 32 bit directx9 games that work on Vista 64 + Nvidia 8800 GT and some play even better under Vista 64 , Gothic III or Age or Conan for example , they run as smooth as glass under Vista 64 , crashed like a good'un under WINxp

Woh really bored of people having a ago at Vista , I use Vista 64 and would'nt go back to that limited O/S winxp if you paid me , goodbye inexplicable out of memory scrapes , good bye inexplicable crashes , hello endless 64bit world.

If a game don't work on it, don't buy it, I won't , there is plenty of 32 bit directx9 games that work on Vista 64 + Nvidia 8800 GT and some play even better under Vista 64 , Gothic III or Age or Conan for example , they run as smooth as glass under Vista 64 , crashed like a good'un under WINxp

And you are trolling this section of the forum - why?

Well from what I've read the opposite is true. I've heard, simply put, if your a gamer, stay the hell away from Vista 64. It's still way too buggy and a lot of games don't run under it. Grant it, I've never tried it, but thats just what I heard.

I don't think BFC has any staff on this project at all. It's all Hunter's mess to work through.

Yes, and no.

Yes, we have no staff on this project. This is true for any third party product. We support the developer as good as we can but Battlefront is acting as a publisher only for the most part.

No, it's not just Hunter. While he is the masterbrain behind it, there are currently two programmers working on the project. Not full-time mind you.

We're still determined to make this game happen. Not for profit, but for the community and those people who want it. If you have moved on in terms of hardware or preferences, then obviously CMC may not be for you. (having said that, CMC will work just fine on Vista; you just may not be able to resolve the battles on CMBB).

This is the last comment from us for the time being on this project. Next time I'll post here we'll be asking for beta testers.

And you are trolling this section of the forum - why?

How about your previous comment for starters, definition of a Troll "Someone not allowed to comment opposite to a comment you made?"

Runs fine on common modern gear, just not on POS OSes :)

I am getting bored with people knocking Vista 64 , most of which have never tried it , I have shelfs full of games and very few actually don't work on Vista 64. As I have said I have tried it and I wouldn't go back to WINXP

Moon, thanks for the update.

I understand that this project is not directly under BF's supervision but as publishers you might want to put some pressure on these guys. Maybe just a wee bit?

If CMC comes out after CMx2 WWII only those 10 / 12 hardcore CMx1 fans that keep posting here will be buying this game. All the rest of us (certainly me) will make the switch and forget about CMx1 for good.

So get them cracking!:)

Moon, thanks for the update.

I understand that this project is not directly under BF's supervision but as publishers you might want to put some pressure on these guys. Maybe just a wee bit?

If CMC comes out after CMx2 WWII only those 10 / 12 hardcore CMx1 fans that keep posting here will be buying this game. All the rest of us (certainly me) will make the switch and forget about CMx1 for good.

So get them cracking!:)

How so? CMx2 still won't have a campaign map, you're back to tactical battles only. CMC is going to be something far greater. Just played CMBB yesterday, still as much fun as CM:SF.

I've played CMBB every day for the whole last years (since CMBB came out), and I'm expecting, even more than a CMx2 WWII, a sort a operational game for CMBB as CMC will be. That will make CMBB a game for the next 10 years at least, and i'm not kidding...

I'll buy it for sure

I've played CMBB every day for the whole last years (since CMBB came out), and I'm expecting, even more than a CMx2 WWII, a sort a operational game for CMBB as CMC will be. That will make CMBB a game for the next 10 years at least, and i'm not kidding...

I'll buy it for sure

If they don't release CMC without any tactical resolving of battles in CMBB at all.

How so? CMx2 still won't have a campaign map, you're back to tactical battles only. CMC is going to be something far greater. Just played CMBB yesterday, still as much fun as CM:SF.

I'm playing CMBB daily, too.

IIRC Steve mentioned somewhere that the CMx2 campaign system would be improved with the new WWII title and made more dynamic than it is now. Sure, there won't be a map to wander about, but I hope we won't be disappointed when we find out there are only one or two campaign maps in CMC. Hunter said they cannot be autogenerated and are time-consuming to make.

The question is (for anyone who knows): how many scenarios on average will there be for each campaign? A number pre-determined by the designer (CMx1 operations style) or an indefinite number based on the player's performance?

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just noticed Campaigns and I have to say, having just read the AAR too, that it looks absolutely awesome! Was a big fan of CMBB but got a new Mac so my Apple only version couldn't be used but campaigns will definitely make me buy it again! What I've been looking for for years. Its a shame it seems to be taking a long time, it seems as with many others if it were available I'd buy it tomorrow. Are there any other AARs available/planned?

New to the forums but still big on on the CM series...been off the wargaming dope for a few years since it is quite time-consuming and life got in the way a bit, but back now. I just found out about CMSF a few weeks ago and have been shooting up on that quite heavily since then. In the course of that I've also gone back to playing CMBB, for comparison kinda, and because experience has taught me that great games just don't get old and grey like all the mass-produced identical junk filling the shelves in the stores. And guess what - CMBB proved that theory to me once again. Still gives me the thrills like it did in '03 (and '04, and '05...)...just like Master of Orion or Baldur's Gate and other all-time greats, whenever I find the time.

So, definitely YES I'm hot for CMC, in the core-of-the-sun fashion, and YES I'll buy it soon as it's out, and YESYESYES I'd love to betatest if you'll let me, but also YES I'm willing to wait patiently for BF and Hunting Tank to give us the goods when the goods are ready to be given. You guys (including the outsiders you trust like Hunting Tank) haven't disappointed me yet, your products have always been worth the wait, and good things just don't happen overnight (one-night-stands or a really intense sleep-robbing CM battle would be the exceptions here, but you get my drift).

So keep up the great work, inform us when there's something worth telling, and stick to the coding when there isn't...no pressure as far as I'm concerned, I know you aren't just sitting around picking your noses like me. Hats off to what you do!