What are your expectations towards CMC?

Redwolf

If true, that it has been 99% complete for the last year, then that would explain why Battlefront had to kick it out the door. Kind of like the kid that graduates from school and just hangs around the house. Do not get me wrong, I still want it, but damn that is a bad omen.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intersting. So basicaly CMC is just a game that will show Divisional to Battalion Icons on the large map, and then you fight the battles like in CMBB, or CMAK... It will not save the damaged battalion, or Regiment, but will continue on to the next battle?

What is the point then of calling it a campaign game if none of the data is stored or calculated for the next segiment into the campaign.

Will I not be able to attack a weaker foe thru intelligence knowing that it had just been previously attacked, or that it was blunted thru counter attack or that it suffered heavy casualties from attacking a strong defense. Im trying to visualize what this game brings to the table. If Talonsoft can make Operational dynamic games that were very successful, why has no one esle bothered since. It appears everyone on this forum would like a Talonsoft based game, but with the CMBB or better CMAK graphics... Lord I would even take a glich free TOW engine version...

I do apreciate the hard work that goes into something like this, but again feel that it misses the true meaning of dynamic, where the front lines change depending on how well you do.

I think your missing the point JuergenSS.

It is a Divisional/Regiment level mixed in with cmbb battles.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but, what happens you have the start of an operation, say its the entry of one of the Waffen SS division into the outskirts of Kharkov.

You will have a number of battalions or companies to move around with supporting elements. These elements all have there own TOE (Table of Equipment), you come to a point where you have contact between your element and an enemy element. It will give you the choice of playing the battle or autoresolving.

The TOE for both side gets put onto the map and you fight it out, once the battle is over the new CM will create a file that will be send to CMC to make adjustments to the TOE. You then keep continuing on and on.

I am assuming other casualties are make in the TOE such as indictation by aircraft or artillery.

Also dependant on the amount of causties that happen in a CM game they can go up or done experience, which come up on the next battle.

Hope that explains it better for you, I been fortunate enough to meet Bruce and see the game first hand a year ago or the year before I forget (at pucka) and it looked 99% completed then but I know in development the last 1% always takes the longest. Good Luck to the guys in getting this to us soon.

If you look at it this way

HOI would be strategic (as it covers all the whole war)

TAOW I this is best at theatre level operational

SC2 I would see as army level operational

CMC Sits here at regiment/division operations

CM Sits here at battalion, company level engagement

[ May 24, 2008, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Ardem ]

Actually I already play HOI as strategic with CMBB as operational-tactical level.But it's pretty strange,even with the hughest CMBB map possible, because I have to make a number of concessions,for the lack of a real operational level.CMC would be a real plus and I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

LOL Cambronne done that as well actually planning to do it again, when cmc comes out to make it even more layers of complexity.

I love the factor how I can mix the strategic elements such as technology and resources and mix it in with a tactical scale.

Originally posted by Moon:

All of our games are using eLicense, and CMC will be no exception. Of course there will be the usual delivery options for CMC - download, mail, or both download&mail. All of them are using eLicense though.

Martin

Does that mean I can still buy it offline like in a jewel case Moon and only have to use online for registering the CD key? I want no ties to online and having to be online to play it. I don't have a problem with registering online like Matrixgames does it, is that the way it is here?

Arnem,but how are you thinking to translate the air support from HOI into the CMBB,knowing that using the airforce in CMBB is much more noxious for friendly than for the enemy?

I have two approaches:

-Firstly a 50-turns battle with the whole airforce's friendly ground army coming in the 20th turn as reinforcements in order not to be smashed by their own planes(especially when attacking).

-Secondly,not to use at all airforce in CMBB and use instead only the results from the air action in HOI.

What is your approach regarding this aspect?

Hi All,

I just gathered, from reading this thread, that CMC comes with its own version of CMBB...?

Is there any info posted as to how the CMC version of CMBB is different from the original...?

I was wondering if they got down to re-modeling the uber-cannister rounds in the T-34, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

I am seriously considering buying this game but it would be no question if this would play on NVidia 8xxx or ATI3xxx cards and Vista.

I have delayed upgrading my computer just so CMBB/CMAK can still be played. Which is a shame as I would like the best of both worlds.

Doubt it will be Vista compatible and using latest graphics cards. You shouldn't be in such a hurry to upgrade when there's really nothing out there worth using Vista in the first place. Maybe in another 2 years or so for the graphics card. Upgrading to play one game or even a couple is rather stupid though.

Besides Vista has basically been chitcanned for Windows 7 now. Just like Milenium edition was chitcanned for XP.

Vista is not really the reason I want to upgrade. I will probably stay with XP for the next 1-2 years as I find it stable (relatively speaking) but I would like to go with an upgraded MATX MoBo along with more RAM and better DX10 graphics card (that utilize PCIe 2.0). When you have a computer that is used for CMx1 (directX 5.0) and you have kids that want to use it for other things (Spore, Simcity 4, Company of Heroes) that require a good video card, it is hard to find compatibility.

If I could confirm that CMC (and it’s CMBB version) would work with DX10 cards, I would upgrade everything but the operating system. From reading these boards though, it is no Vista that is creating the problems but the DX10 cards that are now out. It is getting more difficult finding a vendor that carries non-DX10 cards around.

Originally posted by Cambronne:

Ardem,but how are you thinking to translate the air support from HOI into the CMBB,knowing that using the airforce in CMBB is much more noxious for friendly than for the enemy?

I have two approaches:

-Firstly a 50-turns battle with the whole airforce's friendly ground army coming in the 20th turn as reinforcements in order not to be smashed by their own planes(especially when attacking).

-Secondly,not to use at all airforce in CMBB and use instead only the results from the air action in HOI.

What is your approach regarding this aspect?

The way I have done hoi it more so simulating a 1-2 battalion effort in the overall battle so I take notes of what happens in the division side scale if the overall division wins then I modify the set of attributes to simulate the battle. So if they attack and win then it will be an attacking battle, and then place the various units that would counterattack after a period of time.

With air it the same sort of deal but I just give them a percentage of possible entry onto the battlefield, considering that the likehood of turning up in the battalion I am commanding is rare its normally set between 2 and 5% from turn 1

How do you do the intergration between hoi and cmbb.

-----------------------------------------

On a side not for vista users, has anyone used virtual PC to load on XP and try and run it via virtual pc, I know VPC is not made for 3d application graphics but due to the age of this game it still may run ok. It definately worth an investigate.

Virtual PC is a free download from microsoft which allows you to run simuleantous OSs at the same time.

[ May 28, 2008, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Ardem ]

Originally posted by Canada Guy:

Vista is not really the reason I want to upgrade. I will probably stay with XP for the next 1-2 years as I find it stable (relatively speaking) but I would like to go with an upgraded MATX MoBo along with more RAM and better DX10 graphics card (that utilize PCIe 2.0). When you have a computer that is used for CMx1 (directX 5.0) and you have kids that want to use it for other things (Spore, Simcity 4, Company of Heroes) that require a good video card, it is hard to find compatibility.

If I could confirm that CMC (and it’s CMBB version) would work with DX10 cards, I would upgrade everything but the operating system. From reading these boards though, it is no Vista that is creating the problems but the DX10 cards that are now out. It is getting more difficult finding a vendor that carries non-DX10 cards around.

Okay just my take on this - I'm as anxious as everyone else about the release of CMC. Any Nvidia/ATI will work with CMAK/CMBB and likely CMC. It is purely down to the operating system and/or card drivers why Vista doesn't work very well with these games. The answer for now is to use your latest hardware with Windows XP - problem solved. I am using a top spec system with XP, and a Nvidia 8800GTS DX 10 card, without problem. It's just food for thought.

Also, DX10 is only available using Vista, and is no better than DX9.1 in reality.

Thanks Phil and KellysHeroes.

This seems then to be a combination of Vista and a DX10 graphics card.

If I stay with XP, I can upgrade my card to a 8xxx NVIdia or an ATI 3xxx card as the DX 10 capability will not be unlocked if I continue to use XP. And vice-versa - If I use Vista I should probably stay at a DX9 level video card.

I am not really interested in DX10 (s I have not heard that it performs much better than DX9) - I was just so thrilled to finally see fog with my ATI card a few months ago. Unfortunately, all my scenario designs now have heavy fog to show this off.

There is then hope yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hunter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Conte Malaspina:

Hunter!

Long time no see! Thanks for the input. Great to see some activity on this project. Really looking forward to it.

My expectations are to see something maybe just a little more complex and graphically pleasing than RoBo's quick battle generator, which has been hovering over at the CMBB forum for some time now, and which really gave a kick (its limitations being repetitiveness of battles generated).

I won't ask about a release date of course, but any indication in terms of percentage of completion?

Thanks

enrico

Percentage complete? Been at 99% for the last year tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by Smithers:

At 99% for a year? What happened then? Are lawyers involved? Nothing stays at 99% for a year and is still alive.

Sure it does. But for every quarter percent of work you get done you discover 50% more work that you need to get done before release smile.gif