New CMC screenshots

Moon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Redwolf:

Well, good points, but I don't see an indication that BFC cares about CMBB as such. They care about following through with CMC. It seems obvious to me that CMC is the point here, not CMBB.

I can hear Charles curse over making the minimum required CMBB changes for a CMC release from a couple hundred miles away smile.gif

Licensing this code for commercial purposes seems out of the question at this point.

Why that ? Licensing a couple guys to kill bugs, make some additions, review some graphics, and -let's be dreamers!- create a new theatre (W Europe 39-40 won't be very hard) maybe won't give much cash to BFC, but NOT doing it (at all) nets them 0.00 certainly. It won't even compete for the upcoming CMx2 WW2 - at least not much more than Close Combat can compete with CoH, and even then competition will be all to BFC advantage !

SSI did licence commercially/selectively the SP engine nearly 10 years ago, we still play with it... tongue.gif </font>

I can hear Charles curse over making the minimum required CMBB changes for a CMC release from a couple hundred miles away
I think you hit on perhaps the reason more than anything else.

I know it probably isn't believed on this board but reading everything BFC posts they believe that they are on a far superior game with CMx2. They have said a couple times that money matters to them, but if money really mattered they would be in a different industry.

They won't touch CMBB because to them it takes time for a product that, while once great, is inferior to what they will have to offer.

Thanks, Moon and Hunter. You have revived an old man's desire to hang around and continue playing CMBB! Finished or "open beta" either one will work for us, I'm sure after all these years.

hmmm. .... good song lyric there. " ... after all these years ... Still crazy, after all these years." oh, no, that's a Simon and G tune ain't it?

Originally posted by C'Rogers:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I can hear Charles curse over making the minimum required CMBB changes for a CMC release from a couple hundred miles away

I think you hit on perhaps the reason more than anything else.

I know it probably isn't believed on this board but reading everything BFC posts they believe that they are on a far superior game with CMx2. They have said a couple times that money matters to them, but if money really mattered they would be in a different industry.

They won't touch CMBB because to them it takes time for a product that, while once great, is inferior to what they will have to offer. </font>

As soon as this appears I will buy it. My guess is you have at least 500 immediate buyers waiting who would pay at least $30 for a functional product. I myself would pay substantially more and I don't think i'm the only wwII ostfront history nut out there. I know that's small potatoes, but at least you could have a drink on us! smile.gif

I think we have at least 2 years before any CM2 ostfront module appears, and in any case it will be very narrowly focused historically and strictly tactical.

I can easily think of 12 grand tactical historical situations I would like to recreate in the summer/fall '42 Caucasus alone. Thrown in at least 6 more from jan-may '42 Crimea.

Hell ages ago, I got to dig up my maps (so I be ready when this comes out) but I was doing Crimea 1941. The march into the neck.

You don't need famous battle to make create scenarios that are still fun to play, the beauty of this any divisional style engagement can be made into a map and fun to play.

As for CMBB or CMAK they will still reign top of the ladder for most people until there is a (battalion level) WW2 game that has better graphic, better AI and a few extra options. I do not even believe the first installments of CMx2 WW2 will wet people whistle until there is a few addon out.

In many respects I am happy they working out he kinks in CMx2 SF, so when it comes to WW2 it will be a fast turn around time

I cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to CMC :eek: My PBEM-buddy and I are playing CMBB for who knows WHAT year in a row now! Keep up the good work, guys. The game may not turn out to be a best-seller but it DOES have a massive crew of dedicated fans out here!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, but i'd like to say that this is my most "must have" game ever. (Im reading the game overview once a week.)

Im keeping my eye on this games since im started to playing CMBB (6 months or so).

Im keeping my finger crossed, and hoping that you finally finish this game.

P.S. The new screenshot looks great.