Blogfront news

Dakuman

Don't know if anyone has seen this but there is some news about cmc on the blogfront...It says "Combat Mission Campaigns has made a big step forward with the release of a stable beta version to the testers last month. Unfortunately there are some further delays as Bruce, the head of the project, is called off to duty once again until next year, but as soon as he's back the team can begin tying up loose ends."

So it looks like some progress is being made.

• 2 weeks later...

There are similar good news from the other projects as well. Combat Mission Campaigns has made a big step forward with the release of a stable Beta version to the testers last month. Unfortunately there are some further delays (again) as Bruce, the head of the project, is called off to duty once again until next year, but as soon as he's back the team can begin tying up loose ends.

ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry folks,I read the above and spilled coffee all over my keyboard. Oh well,just another casualty on the CMC front.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the fact that CMC has disappeared from the "In Development" list on the front page, I think the project has officially became vaporware.

The only positive way I can look at it, is that they scrapped the original CMx1 based engine in favor of making CMC work with CMx2 ... although that's quite a long shot.

Originally posted by The Louch:

The only positive way I can look at it, is that they scrapped the original CMx1 based engine in favor of making CMC work with CMx2 ... although that's quite a long shot.

Positive?

CMx2 SUCKS!!!

It's a real time engine, where big battles are a pain in the ass.

His WEGO support is nothing more than a realtime version with automatic pause. Lots of WEGO features were thrown out the window with CMx2 design.

CMC is a game that fits well with CMx1... where you can have a true big battle, and lots of weapon's diversity of many countries... Finland, Hungary, Romany, Italy, Russia, Germany.

And lots of weapons, and infantry classes, already modeled and working.

Any CMx2 game centered in WWII era, will lack the diversity of units and countries of CMx1, just because the 3D modeling of all of them with all those levels of details, is not possible by a small staff.

Tiny battles, with tiny units, in real time?. Is sad, but true, that CMC big size battles just doesn't fit well in the CMx2 design of things.

CMx2 based on WWII, is not much better than a Theatre of War edition... Tactical AI sucks in real time designs. a Core WEGO design can be much better with Tactical AI, since WEGO has no time constraints to the Tactical AI use of CPU.

WEGO = good results

Real time = crap Tactical AI

[ January 27, 2008, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Cid250 ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cid250:

CMx2 SUCKS!!!

It's a real time engine, where big battles are a pain in the ass.

His WEGO support is nothing more than a realtime version with automatic pause. Lots of WEGO features were thrown out the window with CMx2 design.

CMC is a game that fits well with CMx1... where you can have a true big battle, and lots of weapon's diversity of many countries... Finland, Hungary, Romany, Italy, Russia, Germany.

And lots of weapons, and infantry classes, already modeled and working.

Any CMx2 game centered in WWII era, will lack the diversity of units and countries of CMx1, just because the 3D modeling of all of them with all those levels of details, is not possible by a small staff.

Tiny battles, with tiny units, in real time?. Is sad, but true, that CMC big size battles just doesn't fit well in the CMx2 design of things.

CMx2 based on WWII, is not much better than a Theatre of War edition... Tactical AI sucks in real time designs. a Core WEGO design can be much better with Tactical AI, since WEGO has no time constraints to the Tactical AI use of CPU.

WEGO = good results

Real time = crap Tactical AI [/QB]

Have you tried 1.06 CMSF patch? Because the main issues which makes CMSF pale in comparison with CMX1 have been adressed.

Some people (see thewood's posts on Gamesquad forms) said the self preservation TACAI for vehicles is now better than in CMX1. Same as for pathfinding, infantry behaviour...In brief, tactical AI is for many situations as correct as in CMX1, if not better. So RT=crap TACAI ... :rolleyes:

And guess what, right click menu is back...

Also, there isn't more unit size limit than in CMX1... except decreasing performance.

You could put an entire battalion in CMSF.

And I can hardly understand how lack of TCP/IP WEGO is a kind of flawed engine than a design decision.

Originally posted by Darkmath:

And I can hardly understand how lack of TCP/IP WEGO is a kind of flawed engine than a design decision.

No human player over TCP/IP WEGO = No game for me... And i'm not the only one. In the main comunity of my country, almost nobody plays CMSF even after 1.06, and that's due to the lack of TCP/IP WEGO... CMx1 has still 99% of the share for online gamers over CMx2. But that's only in my entire European country... Doesn't know if in other Countries have the same poor ratio of Online play Player vs Player.

To play against a computer is plain boring as hell... you can pawn the computer in 1.06 in the most difficult battles and a dual core CPU will never be superior on imagination and resources to an Expertice Human.