a campain that does exist

i have found a cm campaign that does exist:

Operation Storfang (OSF) is a Mod & Internet based Campaign for CMBB.

Imagine your self as a German General in the Crimea, Russia 1942. Your task, the capture of Sevastopol, the heaviest fortified city in that time. The Russians dug in deep, supported by large batteries of heavy guns such as Gorki I and II. Naval bombardments are a constant danger for your army while you're fighting a way to the port city. Before the main attack was launched, almost every artillery gun and airplane had been brought up, trying to blast the heavy fortifications into rubble and dust.

Eichenbaum's Operation Storfang (OSF) could be your tool to experience the 2nd World War in the Crimea. As an add-on campaign & mod for the great game Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin; will it give you the possibility to be a witness of the heavy battles and lead your own forces over the hills towards Sevastopol.

Installation Password: 'wespe'

Installation Requirements: http://www.eichenbaum.org/OSF/Index.htm

Made by : Eichenbaum.org

filefront info

filefront download

maybe it is worth checking out...but their site does not seem to mention anything about cm.

anyone knows?

Parts of it did exist, and the maps were inspired and fabulous. It was also accompanied by some brilliant terrain mods, some of which are still to be found at cmmods. Unfortunately my old computer died with along with the files, so I was only able to glimpse the maps and play the firtt operation in the campaign. Now, sadly, it's just a memory.

I played part of the campaign Eichenbaum did develop. It was very nice.

At some time he stopped work on that version, as he wanted to redo it, then he left to start to develop a game on his own...

That was 2 years ago, havent heard of him since.

If you can get the parts of the campaign that were finished working you should try it out, but I dont know if all the mods are still available.

CMAK is a better game than CMBB. With CMETO you get all the scenarios from CMBO as well as the CMAK ones and all the wonderful terrain, weapons, tanks, etc. I'd never go back to playing CMBB until this Campaigns comes out. I'd much prefer a Campaign of CMAK than CMBB though. But, it doesn't look like we are going to get either.

You seem to be forgetting that CMAK does NOT include all the AFV's that CMBO had available such as the M18, M36, JagdTiger, Pershing, Comet etc. etc. The beauty of CMBB is that ALL the AFV's are included for the entire 4 years of the campaign except for the really exotic stuff such as the multi-turreted Russian early war tanks which couldn't be modelled and, I guess, the Grant.

Regards

Jim R.