CMC & Nvidia 8500GT Graphic Card

HARI SELDON

I have waited patiently like everyone else for CMC. In the interim, I have purchased a new pc with vista home premium (32bit) and Nvidia 8500GT graphic card. CMBB is now unplayable for me. If CMBB is now unplayable, it makes no sense for me to purchase CMC when it is released. Will battlefront provide a fix for the CMx1 engine games?

I'm not running on Vista, but apart from a few very minor color distortions the 8600 seems to work fine (knock wood).

I'm really glad I successfully resisted having Vista installed on my machine, which seems to be a source of many problems for many people on many different types of games. Apparently everyone is supposed to rewrite their applications so that Microsoft can sell a new operating system that no one really needs.

Vista Sucks for video games just now... get your money back and install XP, you will be much happier, since you'll be able also to install DirectX10 on Win XP if you wish it for any future game.

But... OpenGL is far superior in features just now over DirectX10 (again).

CMBB was built over old OpenGL features, and Vista drivers still suck with OpenGL in some video cards.

Your computer hardware will perform much better on Win XP on any game, since Vista is a waste of resources (like a trash can, for money invested in hardware power). Lots of games do not even run, and the same can be said of lots of cool and interesting software applications.

[ November 13, 2007, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Cid250 ]

Hey Harry,

Sorry to hear about your problems with Vista and wargaming! I bought a new system at Costco with Vista and returned it the next day. I hated it altogether, and besides EVERYTHING I do on a computer can be done just fine with XP. So, I ordered a powerful system from Newegg.com for $900. They even threw in a 17" LCD! Specs: XP Pro, 1 Gig of RAM, 300 Gigs of HD, GeForce 7600 XT card, and 2.4 MgHz (DVD rom/CD too). If you can settle for that for everything YOU do, then do it (if you can return the Vista OS and PC). Once the vista problems are figured out in 1 or 2 years, you can upgrade. In the meantime, I am very pleased with ZERO problems with XP and Combat Mission. Works like a charm and XP has been very stable for me. In 6 months my computer hasn't even crashed!