it's been 7 months Hunter

sonar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ted:

Steve said CMSF sold more so far than CMBO did when it first came out.

Could you point that quote out for us?

What I read was that sales were similar in the first couple of days, compared to previous releases. A bit of reasoning may lead one to assume that this is largely a cash-in of the trust and popularity that they've developed for the franchise over the past couple of years. (ie, loyal customers pre-ordering or buying on first day, given the company's previous track record)

Now that a lot of honest reviews are being published (not the eight out of eight nonsense that we saw prior to the release), and people are spreading the word that CM:SF is indeed an unfinished product at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if sales haven't done so well since those first couple of days. We haven't heard any quips about sales figures since then.

Originally posted by FinnN:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ales Dvorak:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ted:

Maybe, but that was seven years ago with not so great marketing and internet buy only. ;) </font>

Well...CMSF made me lose my faith on BFC..and I was their customer since Over the Reich-times when they were BigTimeSoftware.

Now I think it'll take long time and very very good product to have me buy another game from them. That is also quite similar opinion to my wargaming buddies.

Well..they can have their "new loyal customer base". They certainly lost lot of old-timers who always bought product from them because it was BTS/BFC and thus guaranteed to be good.

• 1 month later...

I think in all fairness the problem isn't really a BTS problem as much as a problem with an outside contractor. The irate customer base, of course, doesn't make this distinction.

On a more cheerful note, the CMC Beta forum message count stood at 2047 on October 25. Let's see how much that number changes next time someone posts there.

Gotta love traffic analysis.

Been analyzing the traffic on the CMC Beta forum too. There be activity there. Likely they're squashing some persistent bugs and having a busy time of it.

Sometimes I may sound lime a member of that irate customer base that demands answers, but I'm really impartial now. Heck, I have a ton of things to play with before CMC comes out (if it does):

There's beer, scotch, CMBB and almost a hundred other PC games I haven't even taken the shrink wrapper off of...

...did I mention scotch?

Ah, scotch....slurrrrp.

Originally posted by Ted:

This tidbit means absolutely nothing. CMBO was new. CMSF sold on the backs of CMBO CMAK and CMBB. HALO 3, for example could have sucked hard and would it still have sold well? Of course. People expected it to be good because they liked the other 2.

October 28 -- 2054 posts. That means seven posts since since October 25.

While not a flurry of activity, that is not exactly moribund. Given the number of participants, livelier than the open parts of the forum. Discussion about the project continues behind closed doors. May not be a sign of life, but it looks a bit like a twitch.

Originally posted by Philippe:

October 28 -- 2054 posts. That means seven posts since since October 25.

While not a flurry of activity, that is not exactly moribund. Given the number of participants, livelier than the open parts of the forum. Discussion about the project continues behind closed doors. May not be a sign of life, but it looks a bit like a twitch.

It's probably like when Bart has to help Skinner look for comets on the Simpsons. But instead of saying 'no sighting' in each post with regard to comets it's regarding a finished product.

I think we just have to be patient with CMC...

Something like this, where you need to adapt one set of coding with another can be extrememly tricky. (Look at the issues with the CMAK 2 patch)

I'm sure the fellas are working on it. I'm sure they want to deliver a quality product when it's ready.

Mind you, an update from those fellas wouldn't go astray...

As for CMSF. I ain't interested till it's toting Panthers and Shermans. I'll take a look at it then.

Till then, I'll reserve any real judgement.

November 1: 2059 posts. That's five posts since October 28.

If I were connected to the project in some official capacity, I'd be so embarassed that people were watching things like this that I'd come out and actually say something. But I'm not, so I won't.

The Traffic Analysis of Embarassment will continue.

think when tow came out it put an end to it

with tow you can use any vehicle/tank on any front

use captured weapons etc and even mod the one tank to make another (sherman/firefly) according to some of the posts here needs a few patches yet but otherwise is cmc replacement . do not have tow myself yet, just what i read here.