No sight, no sound, no movement.

TL

Originally posted by Hunter:

Something, hmmmm...

We are working on resolving a few bugs. We have a neat new orders template for explaining scenarios to the player. We fixed some bugs in the auto-resolve system that were causing bad results (small forces beating big forces, that sort of bad result!). We have fixed a bug with the map where changes in one battle were not being reflected in the next battle on the same map.

We have move bugs, we are working on them. The beta team is playing through and finding them for us. Sorry about all the delays. At the very least, as frustrating for me as you tongue.gif

Hunter

Much appreciated, thanks! smile.gif

It will be very interesting to see what all this waiting leads to.

Will the gameplay help us forget the somewhat dated CM engine ?

Will the gameplay be too slow for regular CM players and only appeal to JasonC and his hyperintelectual equals?

Will this game devour my final spare time?

Answers to these questions and more...stay tuned tongue.gif .

//Salkin

Originally posted by Salkin:

Will the gameplay be too slow for regular CM players and only appeal to JasonC and his hyperintelectual equals?

//Salkin

If you've been patient enough to wait for the release you should be patient enough to play the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything to report? How many months away is this project from completion, are we talking 3-6 or 6- 12? Just a rough estimate so we have some kind of timeframe to enable us to better manage our level of whining would be nice.

Originally posted by sonar:

Anything to report? How many months away is this project from completion, are we talking 3-6 or 6- 12? Just a rough estimate so we have some kind of timeframe to enable us to better manage our level of whining would be nice.

Too bad the update reporting was not done the same way they report the dooms day clock. Every time a change is made it would reflect where the time sits as it gets closer to release or setbacks move the clock back.

They do not report what they have done or undo.

It would be locked to adding comments from us bloggers but the developers/admin will be able to update it.

Example: If they add a code and it works they only report that the completion clock has moved from 10:25 to 10:26. Telling us they are moving forward. Slow and steady.

If they remove/find a code that needs rewriting then the clock will be reported it moved 11:39 back to 11:25. Telling us they had a setback.

That’s my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Something, hmmmm...

We are working on resolving a few bugs. We have a neat new orders template for explaining scenarios to the player. We fixed some bugs in the auto-resolve system that were causing bad results (small forces beating big forces, that sort of bad result!). We have fixed a bug with the map where changes in one battle were not being reflected in the next battle on the same map.

We have move bugs, we are working on them. The beta team is playing through and finding them for us. Sorry about all the delays. At the very least, as frustrating for me as you [Razz]

Hunter

Any chance of an update since its been 2 months?

yeah, i mean after all, there's got to be at least 5 people in the world at this point that owned CMBB, still play it, and actually care whether CMC ever makes the light of day - they deserve an update!

Really, it's all just a part of a plan by battlefront to lower expectations with a lot of really lousy products, and CMC needs to be released soon to aid in that strategy since TOW is out and shockforce presumably soon to release.

Then, when everyone has given up hope that battlefront will ever do the brain dead obvious thing and simply modernize CM /w 3D graphics, they'll pull a fast one and announce that's exactly what they've done, and own up to the fact that all this crap they've been releasing the last few years was really just a stalling tatic.

Brilliant!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very small point, but I hope they use real Bf 109s for the German air superiority symbols in the final release. There are a couple of good examples flying nowadays, so there's no need to use the 'Buchon' Merlin-powered monstrosity they've got in that final screenshot. That's just the sort of thing that would annoy me every time I looked at it.

I think good artist-drawn symbols would be better than low-res photographs anyway, as they have done for the I-16 and the stock CM units.

The game looks terrific though; I look forward to it being finished!