just a simple question...

patboy

It's true, the battlefront staff seem to be fond of saying "when it's ready."

It's odd that they don't give release dates. For most other games, you know the exact day it's coming out at least six months before it does. I guess the one benefit to not releasing it on a schedule though, is that if it isn't in fact ready, they aren't shipping a crappy product. Oh well, I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. The longer we don't hear anything, the more likely a post from Hunter saying "due to unresolvable problems with game mechanics..."

I like that they keep announcing new games, but it would be nice if they got around to finishing some of the ones they announced a long time ago.

Originally posted by Kommissar:

It's true, the battlefront staff seem to be fond of saying "when it's ready."

It's odd that they don't give release dates.

Not really. What's odd is that people are so hell bent on having release dates even when it's not possible to give one.

Last year, Moon blurped that CMx2 would be published in 2005 "and not a day later." So there, they gave a release date. But did it benefit anyone? Now they're set for 2007...

And most games don't give you an exact date half a year beforehand. Or they do, but usually it then gets delayed by another six months. Take Armed Assault, for instance (was meant to be published Q2/2006). Or the infamous WW2 RTS (aka. TOW) - originally they claimed it would be out by 1986 or sumfink. No promise is better than a promise that is failed.

If a supposed release date is by no means reliable, then why tell it to customers and possibly mislead them? What's it to you, anyway? Do you have physical pains until you find out when a certain game is going to be published?

Originally posted by Kommissar:

I like that they keep announcing new games, but it would be nice if they got around to finishing some of the ones they announced a long time ago.

That would be foolish, because each of these games (Theater of War, CMC, Modern Naval Battles, Les Grognards, CMSF) has a different developer. Publishing one doesn't hinder the making of another.