CMC = Vaporware?

Originally posted by WindyCity:

I don’t understand all the drama with the release date.

Nothing stays still, let alone a market. The audience is committed CMBB gamers. But without the buzz of a new game, there are fewer every day. Complaining on this forum is still a sign that some haven't totally given up, or more correctly, found something new, different, or at least tangible.

I'm currently playing something far more primitive, but at least it's there. (And at least, for a time, I still check the threads ....)

Hi WindyCity,

Time and money are finite resources not only for developers but for many customers as well.

Problem is just one of Battlefront's games (or ones that they publish) takes up more of my time than I really have. Assuming I like the ToW demo and it gets released first -- I will probably only buy that game this year. This might be good news for Battlefront, however, I doubt this is the type of news that Hunter wants to read from a potential customer.

Thought I'd chip in again as the original poster of the thread. After reading the CMSF game descriptions on Blogfront posted recently, reading all of Steve's posts on the forum, I restate my assertion that the CMx1 engine is going to feel very dated and barebones after playing CMSF.

And to all you CMSF haters -- I find it hard to belive that after 6 years of asking for various features, you would pass on the chance to play the CM2 engine because Battlefront isn't rehasing WWII once again like every game publisher has done since Battlefront lead the pack back in 2000/2001. There are so many wonderful things about modern weaponry and support to simulate, I think CMSF will really be great when it comes, and it feels like it is coming soon, a lot sooner than CMC.

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

Thought I'd chip in again as the original poster of the thread. After reading the CMSF game descriptions on Blogfront posted recently, reading all of Steve's posts on the forum, I restate my assertion that the CMx1 engine is going to feel very dated and barebones after playing CMSF.

And to all you CMSF haters -- I find it hard to belive that after 6 years of asking for various features, you would pass on the chance to play the CM2 engine because Battlefront isn't rehasing WWII once again like every game publisher has done since Battlefront lead the pack back in 2000/2001. There are so many wonderful things about modern weaponry and support to simulate, I think CMSF will really be great when it comes, and it feels like it is coming soon, a lot sooner than CMC.

So when the crystal ball falls out of your hand and drops on your foot, is it heavy enough to break bones, or do you wear steel toed boots? :confused:

Originally posted by WineCape:

Dislike? No. Don't get me wrong. I have some clueless status in there. How can I shun the unwashed masses in there? They look up to moi for some useless advice?

Bah! Useless... clueless... [/QB]

Unwashed masses.................. :rolleyes:

We get it, you learn a new quote, believe me you’re the only one that thinks it makes you looks as a superior intellectual.

You can stop using it now in every post………PLEASE

Well said, I agree, I have been more "taken" with SF lately,

BF

• 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people post. Battlefront is a grogs true friend, in a time when so called WWII RTS'infect the genre and market with silly excuses for games, Battlefront remains a true wargame developer. I have never associated vaporware with Battlefront. If flashy graphics is what you are looking for wait for TOT or look elsewhere. It will be done when is ready and not when some "suit" with no clue of what a wargame is decides it is.

To each his own I guess. While a spiffy new game engine is nice, what makes it any different than indulging in a brain addled FPS with a spiffy game engine, if one has no interest in the subject at hand. If it's just about the "experience", then you can get that in any number of places. I have zero interest in sampling "modern" combat spiffily modeled & displayed or otherwise. I prefer my war as "ancient" history, because I believe that is where it belongs, as history, not as current reality. Reality does intrude, but I don't feel the need to revel in it.

FFKD