isn't there anything new?

sonar

I agree, I was hoping for a CM game that covered WW II from 1939 until 1945 and even covered both the European and Pacific. I thought it might be cool to even have an option for a game that went up to say 1947, speculating the war lasting a couple of years longer and using equipment in development at the end or used just after. Just to get crazy!

This modern war is a bit too space age. I mean there can be no tank battles as any Syrian tank that appeared would be destroyed from the air. Could have at least made it the Russians or Chinese.

The only satisfaction I would get from that game is playing the Syrians and trying to blow up the Stryker tax wasting POS's.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only cynic to see the (alleged) obvious? SF is about the US kicking seven shades of shinola out of the Syrians...cue humungous US sales, from spotty kids to fat-gutted red-necks to right-wing armchair psychotics across the land. :D

WW2 just doesn't get that kind of response. Or dollar.

Originally posted by Sigrun:

Am I the only cynic to see the (alleged) obvious? SF is about the US kicking seven shades of shinola out of the Syrians...cue humungous US sales, from spotty kids to fat-gutted red-necks to right-wing armchair psychotics across the land. :D

WW2 just doesn't get that kind of response. Or dollar.

There are about a zillion more WWII FPS and RTS games than modern warfare games. Do you really think the big companies would make these WWII games if they didn't sell the best?

And the premise of SF is that the operation is a UN one. I would've thought that appeals more to the other half of the political spectrum. All touchy-feely multilateral or sumfink.

Originally posted by Sigrun:

The UN versus Syria, huh? How's that going to sell then? Oh, hang on...I'm seeing it now...half the US population voted for Bush...which means they've probably mistaken "UN" for "US" and still think it'll be an American-on-A-rab slaughter-fest. :D

Yeah, and their oh-so-learned Euro brothers will correctly read "UN" and think it's a simulator about holding hands, singing "We are the World", and handing out candy to babies. Which they will buy in droves. It's a win-win.

We oh-so-learned Euro brothers (and sisters) would never use the word "candy" - FAR to vulgar! Same for the yuk song. We like to sing Arias, mostly. Anyway, handing out sweeties to babies rots their teeth and infects their gums, so maybe that can be part of the games more subtle tactics. So, the sales will still have to come from the United Nations of America. smile.gif