CMMC.. While you wait for CMC..

PSK

Are you interested in commanding a battalion of soldiers in world war 2 and like the game combat mission - barbarossa to berlin?

Combat Mission Meta Campaign is a realistic strategic on-line game with real players on both sides and a cadre of gamemasters controlling it all.

All strategic movements are made on a huge map (40 x 30 km approx) and all battles are fought in Combat Mission on tactical level. Everything is ultrarealistic from writing orders to your soldiers to counting your losses in the campaign.

If it sounds fun and you are a dedicated player, join mother russia in their struggle to throw to germans out.. OR play as a german commander trying to invade mother russia..

To enroll in an army, register at http://www.cmmc2.org/forums/default.asp and say hello in the forum. An officer will then take care of you and send you to the front. smile.gif

/PSK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is CMMC2v2.

And the campaign has only just started. Some clashes between recon elements have occured and the main battles are about to begin.

I know that the german side are in need of dedicated battalion commander and staff personal. All the divisions are short in one way or another.

The Scenario is a clash in central russia. Around Bjeloj. Part of Operation Mars I believe. It's a semi historical scenario to keep the mystery of opposing forces.

And Yes. CoCat is used for the strategic layer. All orders and communication between battlegroups are done in the forum. Extremely simple.

Interested?

Most battles are played PBEM.. But if both players agree to TCP/IP that can be done too.

The Game clock moves 15 minutes every two weeks (will probably move faster in the future but since we have alot of battles now and lacking players the clock has been slowed down)

Every turn in CMBB represents 2 game minutes. So If you are in a battle that means you have to do 15 turns in two weeks.

[ August 22, 2006, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: PSK ]

Tried to sign up a few months back, nobody ever replied to my message.

Anyhow, played in CMMC-1 start to finish, and would be interested in playing either as Arko, Ia or Ic to some German division. Let me know if there are any positions open like that where I can help out before I sign anything. ;) I don't want to play an Abteilung or Regiment and have to commit to a series of tactical battles with what my schedule is like this summer.

Dirtweasle: Don't use the registration form on the homepage.. it won't work.

Instead register yourself under a name in the forum and say hello there in an appropriate forum.

I'm sure as you are an old CMMC veteran you will be thrown into the game immediately!

Someone will greet you there. smile.gif

[ May 15, 2006, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: PSK ]

Oh, to be able to remember I old name ... sigh. It was Russian, I remember that ... it started with a B .... Boris Badenov ... no, but nearly. I shall sign up and try to recall my old nick.

[edited to add]: Well, I tried to register and the forums won't let me, says my email is already registered, use another. As if. I confess, I don't remember my old nickname, but it was something like B. Barikov or Borisov ... If it's possible, can you delete the old entry or perhaps somehow activate my old? Thanks.

[ May 16, 2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Ike ]

Ike> Well.. I'm not one of the gamemasters so I really can't do that... And also I'm on the german side so you're my enemy. tongue.gif

But I can see there are a "B.B. Bykov", a "B.S. Badanov" and a "B.P Borosdin" registered.

Perhaps it's one of those?? If you still remember the password that is.

Otherwise, email GM Mark on mstahly@epix.net and tell him the situation.

And also you have to hurry up. We've had 13 new recruits these past days. All because of this post. The game is filling up fast.

But if you already got experience and a position in the red army I'm sure you can skip ahead in the queue.

How fast you will play a battle totally depends on your dedication and loyalty to the game and to other players.

If you don't give it an effort you will never play any game. I'm training a player now who will probably enter my division right away, commanding a battalion of panzers!

Some players just show up.. Think they will play right away and act nochalant ignoring the orders given to them and I totally understand they will get bored and disappear. And there it is.

[ June 01, 2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: PSK ]

Originally posted by PSK:

How fast you will play a battle totally depends on your dedication and loyalty to the game and to other players.

If you don't give it an effort you will never play any game. I'm training a player now who will probably enter my division right away, commanding a battalion of panzers!

Some players just show up.. Think they will play right away and act nochalant ignoring the orders given to them and I totally understand they will get bored and disappear. And there it is.

I am guessing this is directed at me so:

Dedication and loyalty to the campaign game. My forum postings and other actions can be tracked by my name (Hapt. Steiner). As far as effort goes, again check the forums under my CMMC name: Not a single negative post on any subject. And no I did not just show up, acting nonchalant, I have been around CM and this community for years I played in a staff position, took all the training and went above and beyond what was asked of me. You are incorrectly assuming that orders were not followed and other attitudes which I do not know were you got the information from, again check the player name. Commanding Panzers: Unless there is a new campaign with new maps and battles Panzer unit command are VERY few. New players get infantry commands, period. Don't sugarcoat your recruitment post making people believe there are panzer commands galore, it is simply not true.

As far as being bored, well 12 months without playing a single round, and CONSTANTLY farting around with COCAT files, moving units here and there and NEVER seeing the CMBB map to play a SINGLE round would bore the hell out of anyone. If that's your cup of tea by all means enjoy it.

My posting is just a word of warning, I wish someone would have told me. No disappearances here, just left...And there it is.

Onodoken>> I'm sorry if I offended you. The post was not directly to you as a person. Just an answer to your post saying that CMMC is crap.

I can only speak of my own experience. I joined in october. Have only played one small infantry engagement since that. CMMC is so more than just playing battles. It's a whole army, with a CoC, supply, artillery orders etc. It's not just take command over a company of whatever and storm the enemy in a typical CMBB rush. This is far more realistic!

The player I'm training now, a young recruit named Ob.Lt Hoffman shows respect, loyalty and trying to act as a ww2 german officer. That is rewarded! And regarding him commanding a battalion of panzers, it's true. I'm not saying that everyone WILL. But if you show the right spirit you CAN. And yes.. it is a new campaign.. with a few panzerdivisions.. with actual panzers.

I know it might be alot CoCat movement, giving (in your case boring) orders to units. But that's the whole prelude to battle. War is not just about killing enemies on the battlefield. And CMMC tries to be as realistic as possible in that sense.

CMMC is also about making friends with similar interests. Get to know your fellow players and become friends with them. And friends lever let eachother down. That is the meaning of the word "loyalty".

So.. welcome to the game.. see if you like it. If you don't, tell us and not just "leave".

Banana> I believe the site is undergoing some maintenance right now.

[ June 02, 2006, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: PSK ]

Originally posted by PSK:

Onodoken>> I'm sorry if I offended you. The post was not directly to you as a person. Just an answer to your post saying that CMMC is crap.

Again: Never mentioned the word CRAP, nor do I think it is. It is what it is. In fact it is an awesome and very commendable effort from the gamemasters in creating a comprehensive and detailed campaign system for CM:BB, those guys did an outstanding job and I was extremely impressed by it, I am talking about the execution. I am posting comments from my own experience in the game, nothing more.