Don't take my word for it but....

And I was augurating from the guts of a chicken, and while I read the book of Revelations backwards, the sun eclipsed and the chicken's head took the form of the face of Beelsebup. And it spoke to me: "Lo, there will be a modern Combat Mission, and it will be called Shock Force. And there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth." Then the sun came back and I started wondering where I put the other bottle of Absinthe.

But don't take my word for it.

Originally posted by scubasteve1233:

i was typin in random things on gamespot and on one of the things i typed came up a modern combat mission with coolness, i don't remember when they guessed it'd be realesed.

Thanks for reminding us of 7 month old news. Where would we all be without you? :D

For all the shock force info you could dream of, "click here". Or you could click on the forum link above this one called "CM: Shock Force". :eek:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bigduke6:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Then the sun came back and I started wondering where I put the other bottle of Absinthe.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. </font>

"Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought it back." (I forget who)

"Laudanum" is an older generic name for a solution of opium in ethyl alcohol, in various hopefully non-lethal percentages. In older teminology it is a "tincture of opium". It was for a number of years considered a sovereign cure for various diseases, don't remember which diseases as the claim was false to fact, although plausible. The laudanum gave syptomatic relief and, in large doses, permanent relief in the form of a peaceful easy death in an opium-induced dream.

From whence comes, e.g.: "In Xanadu, did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree; Where Alph the sacred river ran, through caverns measureless to man; Down to a sunless sea."

Hope that helps.