so no first or second quarter release then ?

scottie

sorry, just noticed moon's post.

Moon

Administrator

Member # 386

posted 27-04-2006 07:59 AM

-------------------------------------------------The game has been announced last year, but Bruce and his team is in fact working on already for four years. No kidding...

The news from wargamer.com are old news. The key position has been replaced and the team is back to work full force.

Martin

Originally posted by scottie:

sorry, just noticed moon's post.

The game has been announced last year, but Bruce and his team is in fact working on already for four years. No kidding...

Martin

Yes well, the *old* CM engine was dead a few years ago already. Though since the quality was so high many of us addicts managed to play on with compulsive satisfaction long after.

I'm sorry but taking 4 years doesn't impress me in the slightest. Rather, it's disappointing if not annoying b/c the old CM is really really really uber dead now. So em, you know, . . . go right ahead and take another 4 years.

Originally posted by WineCape:

Walpurgis,

Ahem... I recall you won 2 sets of wine cases with that decidedly "old" engine. My wine *will* last another 4+ years on your shelf by the way...

I think you're being a bit harsh on the taste of your product. booze.gif

Oh I know I know. I'm just being grumpy. Not terribly keen on the direction BF has taken with all these 3rd-rate pot-boilers being released while we sit and wait for the only reason most of us came here to begin with. Hope your making a lot of $ on your pot-boilers BF . . .

I barely even visit this site anymore. :(

Winecape, your wine is worth 1000 more tourneys. ;)

Hi

I want to express my feelings:

- I love CMBB and CMAK.

- I am REALLY looking forward to the campaign game!

- I do not have any interest in modern combat games. I want more WW2 games: late war, early war, Pacific theater, European, African, anything WW2.

I'll agree with Lute as well. ;)

As for this product I guess we'll get it when it's right.

But it would be nice if they'd throw us a little tidbit now and then on how its going.

It was probably a mistake giving us the idea that it would be out in the first half of 2006 or any other date as that just causes us to want more updates when it doesn't seem likely before Christmas if that at this point.

I'm sure getting the AI to work right is the biggest headache for them. Wonder if as a compromise a "lite" version could be released with no AI for pure human vs human play and then when the full version becomes ready they'd just pay for an add-on?

That would generate revenue for the project and keep interest alive plus give a pool of new playtesters in effect when they start complaining about stuff not working right after saying thats ok just give me a game to play! :D

Oh well, I'll keep checking in here occasionally in hopes of new news... BvB

Thanks for reply. Guess all i can do is check battlefront every now and again (for the next year).

I vote for WW2 genres too ! would like to see CMx2 western europe again with campaign mode.

Close Combat 2 (bridge too far) was an excellent campaign derivative of Close Combat series - would love to see CMx2 go down the campaign route in depth.