Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

Your name is in the hat sir.

SIDENOTE:

I have several interested buyers for my wine business and property lately. So will be selling within the next year or so - might be sooner. Plus with my 15-year awaited nomination coming in (for a soccer related activity) a few days ago, things are panning out where I will be enjoying life away from a computer screen, possibly for months on end.

Just letting all know, even if get rid of the family jewel, I will still honour the sponsorship of the planned CMC-RoW tourney as stated in beginning of this thread.

It will be my last.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charl,

There was nothing like finishing several long hard battles and for one brief moment realizing there was a possibility that I may have a chance to taste the sweet nectars of South Africa.

And then of course the Nabla adjusted scores came out and, well, that was that. ;)

Thanks for all the years of sponsorship.

You will be missed.

Ted

WineCape,

While I wouldn't dream of even suggesting not following your long fought for dream, your departure from the ROW scene will indeed mark the end of an era, as far as I'm concerned. It has been both a privilege and an education to be involved with you

and your fabulous, diverse forms of bottled South African sun. My best to you and yours as you enter an exciting new phase of your life!

Sincerely,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

WineCape - Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Originally posted by WineCape:

Your name is in the hat sir.

SIDENOTE:

I have several interested buyers for my wine business and property lately. So will be selling within the next year or so - might be sooner. Plus with my 15-year awaited nomination coming in (for a soccer related activity) a few days ago, things are panning out where I will be enjoying life away from a computer screen, possibly for months on end.

Just letting all know, even if get rid of the family jewel, I will still honour the sponsorship of the planned CMC-RoW tourney as stated in beginning of this thread.

It will be my last.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dickhead? A member with a brain?

Of course we need a Rumblings of War! And one with the new glossy CM2 underpinnings .... which I confidently expect will be won by a beta-tester : ). I imagine a 2012 series would be better than a 2011 rush-job. The flipside of that is I imagine there are quite a few unplayed scenarios in existence at this very moment.

It does occur to me that to ease admin some of the work could be devolved through the clubs. On our own I suspect WeBoB could field 40 eager players in May! Normal rules to apply for all but sub-administered to possibly 3 or 4 groups and a Battlefront one for the unattached.

Alternatively it could be restricted to previous players but that would seem to be the small option in terms of expanding the PBEM playing population.