Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

In accordance with all appropriate US rules and regulations, my house can be considered the designated shipping location for all wine. :rolleyes:

Mmm,

Spoon, I might just use your address as a focal point to send all USA wines to be REDISTRIBUTED to the various USA winners. Redistributed, repeat after me, redistributed...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Zweihorn:

I got the AAR´s for the ROW V. They are very interesting.

Where can I get the AAR´s for ROW I to IV ?

Zweihorn,

KingFish is the man to ask, as official masterwhip and database holder of most RoW AAR's.

re·dis·trib·ute ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rd-strbyt)

tr.v. re·dis·trib·ut·ed, re·dis·trib·ut·ing, re·dis·trib·utes

To distribute again in a different way; reallocate. To fill up jwxspoon's wine cellar with fine South African wine (particularly that white wine Winecape sent before mmmmmmmmmmmm)

I think I've got it Charl. I know just what you mean.

jw

• 1 month later...

Zweihorn,

Most of what I've run down for earlier ROWs is here

on page 2 (few things on page 1). It's by no means complete, though.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003745;p=1

WineCape,

The California regs don't seem too bad, and your comment to Spoon's a hoot. BTW, in the resurrected Invitational thread I found that wine I've been asking you about, just don't ask me to reconstruct the name right now.

Hello Bertram, Beeper & von Lucke,

Done and noted on my spreadsheet. Came back from a yearly National referees seminar in Pretoria - the new Fifa fitness test and practical activities there made me too tired mentally and physically to do anything, inluding perusing this thread. Apologies for the late replies.

Cavscout/Rick,

Received your file via your alternate mail account. Also received the mail wrt the laptop problems you had in the Middle East. Fixed yet?

WineCape,

No points for me for that, I'm afraid. It was Life from Stone Sauvignon Blanc (per your reply on September 18, 2003 in the last of the ROW III threads (Part 5))

Originally posted by John Kettler:

WineCape,

Haven't done much socializing, but I wanted you to know that the 2001 Stone of Life Chardonnay was a big hit at dinner with friends a few weeks ago. It does indeed have a gunpowder nose even my sniffer could detect (how strange!) and a pronounced mineral finish. Delicious!

In fact, it is called "Life from Stone" Sauvignon Blanc, made by Springfield estate. But I get your gist John: Enjoyment. [smile]

Quite appropriate don't you think:

"Springfield" => magazine round manufacturer;

"flint/gunsmoke" tasting notes => fired guns (in CM) [Wink]

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Here's my attempt, though, at phonetically pronouncing the wine you mentioned.

Vergelegen--

fur guh lay gen. The "a" in "lay" is long, and the "e" in "gen" is soft.

Now that I have your attention, how many points do I get for resurrecting part of the blow by blow reports from the Invitational Tourney (suspect balance was lost in server crash), the censored ROW I accounts of action in progress, and the ROW II AARs? If you can find Treeburst155, maybe just maybe we can get the actual AARs for ROW I. Did we do actual AARs for the Invitational Tourney?

I simply don't recall. (Note. Added huge new set of finds after writing primary post.) Page 2 here

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003745

BTW, is the Charl Theron here you? You seem to have a substantial Google presence. Also, I tried visiting your site to look at the wines offered, but couldn't seem to get it to work.

http://www.wineland.co.za/0203less.php3

http://www.wineland.co.za/1102_2002.php3

Regards,

John Kettler

[ July 19, 2006, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

BTW, is the Charl Theron here you? You seem to have a substantial Google presence. Also, I tried visiting your site to look at the wines offered, but couldn't seem to get it to work.
Googling "Charl Theron" soccer or referee Charl Theron will reveal more about me - or the hatred for me, depending on your allegiance. ;) I'm not related the person(s) you mentioned in the above website you referred to, but well to another, from the opposite gender.

I do not have a website for wine. Selling via brick-and-mortar: for me still the best way to trade. Personal relationships with customers a big yes in my book, according to my dad, his dad. Why change a succesful recipe?

In fact, it is called "Life from Stone" Sauvignon Blanc, made by Springfield estate. But I get your gist John: Enjoyment. [smile]

Quite appropriate don't you think:

"Springfield" => magazine round manufacturer;

"flint/gunsmoke" tasting notes => fired guns (in CM) [Wink]

I do certain wine activities for a reason, mostly. ;) For a picture of moi, see my profile, now updated. I'm the tall one BTW.

[ July 20, 2006, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

WineCape,

Appreciate the clarification. I got, from earlier

postings of yours, that you are connected in some manner with a certain delectable talented actress.

Taking a flyer here, I posit that she may be progeny. Your first name, you see, lends itself very well to feminization. And in apparently nonresearching you, I did find the referee you yellow carding favored players and such, but rejected posting the links as too obvious, for I was sure you were the person being named.

Forgot to mention that the "g" in "Vergelegen"

is in the standard form rather than the "j" form, as in "generator." How'd I do? Also, how many points for the aforementioned thread resurrections? And did you happen to see the reappearance of Treeburst155 over in Tips & Tricks? I left him some questions and requests regarding the Invitational Tourney and ROW I AARs.

Am hoping he's got what we need!

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Having now seen your pic, it's easy to see how you can be a FIFA certified soccer ref. You sure don't fit the typical gamer couch potato profile!

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Forgot to mention that the "g" in "Vergelegen"

is in the standard form rather than the "j" form, as in "generator." How'd I do?

Close, but no cigar smile.gif Any Dutch people around here (Stoffel!) to help me with the phonetic equivalent of this "g"? Vergelegen means 'situated far away', and to best describe the sound, it's more akin to a scratch sound - like someone continously snoring at the exact same pitch level. What do you expect from the youngest language in the world? tongue.gif
Also, how many points for the aforementioned thread resurrections?
Many thanks! I have bookmarked your resurrection posts. It seems you have a lot of time on your hands? Bonus: free entry into the CMC-Row tourney? No need to fill in the planned thesis document as selection criteria and no need to send a big application fee via PayPal :D
Having now seen your pic, it's easy to see how you can be a FIFA certified soccer ref. You sure don't fit the typical gamer couch potato profile!
Careful now, mD with his 15,000+ posts will certailnly take offence. Correction: Will, according to seniority here on the local national pro panel, probably be nominated to the Fifa panel come Sept06, but certain strenous physical tests have to be passed first.

The latter is the reason I'm out on the road & mountains everyday to keep the fitness level up - and consequently away from the internet - as it is our off-season now. But the Pro Soccer League (called PSL here) starts in 6 days and time is of the essence. It's 09:50am, just finished light breakfast and now off to do the usual morning run on a cold, windy day here. Only potatoes I have is in a 15kg bag ;)

WineCape,

I tried, at least, on the pronunciation test. Wonder whether this site can get it right? Saw it mentioned the other night as a brief news feature called Cool Site.

www.linguatech.net

Glad you found my research useful. As for time spent, insomnia makes much possible, and sometimes, I really need a distraction during daylight hours. Am definitely not on a 9-5 schedule, what with insomnia, freelance writing,

and some highly variable health issues.

Droll bonus points and deft dodge on my analysis of that certain someone! MD should quake in fear, for I'm nearing 5000 posts myself, but I'd agree he's probably in pretty good shape. Might be interesting to see, though, how long he could race up and down the field on a hot South African day. Last I checked, Canada doesn't get that hot. Good luck on your FIFA prep and nomination, not to mention your last days of preparing for your off season season!

Regards,

John Kettler

Speaking of wine,

Here is my personal favourites based on consistency for many years. Any wine from these estates will do. They certainly will be included in the upcoming 'grab the wine flag' tourney:

</font>