Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name list, after various criteria strenously applied, is still over 100+ long. Guess I have to be brutal* to get the list down to 40 names, plus another 20 odd for reserves. :eek:

An invite (via email) to the RoW VI-CMC tournament as well as a posting here will be done in due time.

Frenchy,

you are listed under 'multiple RoW,' the first criteria on my spreadsheet alongside 'RoW winners & finalists.'

* "Questionaire/thesis" as per earlier RoW's

[ April 10, 2006, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Slysniper was the tourney organizer for out of the dust. It was a CMBO tournament, finished up not too long ago. He had a good run, with (IIRC) no dropouts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, there was one dropout, I believe, in the first round of the tourney. The second round went fairly well, with only one slow-play participant. I'm sure you don't need to hear this from me, but your scenarios were great , Kingfish!

I see how little of a fish I am. But yes I recently hosted a Tourney for CMBO here at this site. Had 14 participate, finished with 12. They were required to play 3 games at a time and they finished each round in about 2 months. It was only two rounds, so 6 games. I actually was sent files from some games so I could see the quility of play, Out of the games I reviewed I know I had a half dozen good players at least. K. A. Miles was a very good player and acted older than his age, which was not known until later. He will be

a good competitor in any tournament he is allowed to play, and hope this might help in getting him concidered here, since it appears to be by invitation.

Also do not be harsh on my spelling and grammer, I did manage to finish first grade.

[ April 10, 2006, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

WineCape:

Thanks!

Originally posted by WineCape:

The name list, after various criteria strenously applied, is still over 100+ long. Guess I have to be brutal* to get the list down to 40 names, plus another 20 odd for reserves. :eek:

An invite (via email) to the RoW VI-CMC tournament as well as a posting here will be done in due time.

Frenchy,

you are listed under 'multiple RoW,' the first criteria on my spreadsheet alongside 'RoW winners & finalists.'

* "Questionaire/thesis" as per earlier RoW's

Cape,

Why 40 players max? Is it hard to keep track of more than that?

Since there will be operational and tactical situations is it intended to have staff commanders and field commanders? (or those who maneuver the troops to a battlefield and those who will fight it)

Ted,

I intend giving each member of the winning team (of 20 players) at least 1/2 a case (6 btls.) of wine. Plus cases for those players, whether from the overall winning/losing side, that are in the possession of a 'wine flag' will be awarded a booty prize too. And a few cases to the hardworking winning 'staff' officers of the campaign.

You wanna bankrupt me Teddy?

EDIT: Oh yes, plus a few cases to the designers of the campaign and/or admin/tourney helpers.

[ April 15, 2006, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

LoL,

The victors share of the spoils is definitely a good reason to keep the team to a smaller size.

A wine joke.....

A priest is driving down to New York from Connecticut when a State Trooper pulls him over for speeding.

The Trooper smells alcohol on the priests breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the car floor.

The Trooper asks “Sir, have you been drinking?”

“Just water officer.” says the priest.

The Trooper says “Then why do I smell wine?”

The priest looks at the bottle and says “Good Lord, he’s done it again!”

List of names, on my spreadsheet, is as follows below. Please bear in mind that this list is *not* final. Since there are roughly only place for 40 players + 20 reserves, all listed players will receive, when CMC luanches, a 'thesis/questionaire' as mentioned earlier on this thread.

NOTE:

If you were part of a previous RoW and/or other campaign/normal tourney (or multiple RoW's) and your name is not listed below, then speak up. Non-tourney players can still apply.

Likewise, if you want to be removed, please say so.

Abbott

Ace Pilot

Andreas

Andrew Kulin/Ankulin

Bertram

Big Dog

Bigdogg944

Bigduke6

BigMac644

Bil Hardenberger

Boris Balaban

Brent Pollock

c3k

Capt T

Combined Arms

Cpl Carrot

Dalem

Dandelion

Dangerous Dave

Deadly 88

Denwad

Diesel Taylor

Dirtweasle

Elmar Bijlsma

Enigma

Enoch

Flenser

Frenchy/Steve Dixon

Frunze

George Mc

Green Hornet

GreenAsJade

Grimthane

Heavy Drop

Holien

Hunter

JasonC

Jaws

Joachim

John Bertles

John D Salt

John L

John O

JonS

JPS

K.A. Miles

Kanonier Reichmann

Kettler

KingFish

Kip Anderson

kump

Lindan

Londoner

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick Oz

Mike8g/Marcus Bloss

mPisi

Nidan1

Other Means

Panzer Twat

Peterk

Platehead

RawRecruit

Redwolf

Renaud

Richie

rune

Runyan99

Sandy

Scott B

Sergei

Sivodsi

Spanish Bombs

Sripe

Steve McClaire

SteveS

Stickypixxie

Stoffel

StoneAge

Stryker/Kevin Grande

Tabpub

Ted

The Enigma

The_Capt

tlKillerich

Tom Travisano

Treeburst155

U8led

Victor Charlie

von Lucke

wadepm

Walpurgis Nacht

wellsonian

Wreck

WWB

xerxes/Marc S

WineCape,

That's some heavy company! (whistles)

You scared me there for a minute after I realized that your list was not in standard alphabetical format, though mine was listed that way. Whew!

SpineRipper, (shudders, no doubt intended effect)

Sounds like you've had the ROW immersion course. Literally. Nothing quite like being flung headlong into the deep end and forced to fight battles started by someone else!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 19, 2006, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

" (JohnKettler)SpineRipper, (shudders, no doubt intended effect)

Sounds like you've had the ROW immersion course. Literally. Nothing quite like being flung headlong into the deep end and forced to fight battles started by someone else! "

It was great, loved the beast, that was my favorite battle, took it over just as a fllod of t-34's came rushing down the streets, in the end I got the IS with a anti tank mine throwen by an HQ. For me the beast was just non-stop craziness. But in all ROWIII was a fantastic experience, with some high action missions. RowIV was the same except for bump in the night, that one drove me crazy, I was the brits.

Anywho can't wait to cross swords again on the ROW battlefield.

Originally posted by c3k:

smile.gif

Winecape, thanks for taking the initiative on this! If you'd like some volunteers to help, just say the word...Ken

Oh trust me, any undertaking as massive as a RoW tournament takes more than one person, patience and a lot of typing skills. KingFish, Cpl Carrot, Treeburts etc can attest to this.

Thanks for the offer though.