Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

Jesse,

I hear you. Consider those defaulting forum members persona non grata.

That is the reason that I want mostly ex-RoW players, those players that have at least finished a whole RoW tourney + given us AAR's in the past. Non-RoW players will be invited to play in the RoW-CMC tourney. We have our little black book ;)

Sponsorship, with wine (22 cases x 12b) and airfreight included, will, according to my rough calculation, be in excess of USD$7,500.

I will not be wasting my time ... or money.

[ March 31, 2006, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse,

I hear you. Consider those defaulting forum members persona non grata.

I'd imagine what with the team game format and the auto-resolve capapbility that rules can be constructed to minimise the effect of absentees. Players legitimately on holiday should be able to transfer control to team members etc.

Sponsorship, with wine (22 cases x 12b) and airfreight included, will, according to my rough calculation, be in excess of USD$7,500.

I will not be wasting my time ... or money.

Bloody hell :eek:

WineCape,

I'd love to play. This is contingent, though, upon the release of a Mac version (have dual OS 800 MHz

lampshade iMac--finally). If for some reason the Mac version's delayed, then I'll be happy to assist in some other way. Have AAR judging experience!

As always, thanks for your stellar and unique support of our favorite obsession!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 03, 2006, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

I'd like to temper the boundless enthusiasm.

I'm guessing a PBEM CMC game, covering maybe 10 battles (who knows?) might take 6 months to play. I mean, I've played single CMBB operations that took almost that long to PBEM.

Extrapolate that over the course of a tournament, and you're talking about a tourney that lasts for what, 3 years? Come on.

I think the energies of game organizers would be much better spent on organizing a multiplayer campaign, that is played once through. Not any kind of tournament structure.

Originally posted by Runyan99:

I'd like to temper the boundless enthusiasm.

I'm guessing a PBEM CMC game, covering maybe 10 battles (who knows?) might take 6 months to play. I mean, I've played single CMBB operations that took almost that long to PBEM.

Extrapolate that over the course of a tournament, and you're talking about a tourney that lasts for what, 3 years? Come on.

I think the energies of game organizers would be much better spent on organizing a multiplayer campaign, that is played once through. Not any kind of tournament structure.

Read my first post again. It mentioned "two-team."

There will be ONLY two teams. At most each team will consist of 15-20 players, depending on the size of the ME's in CMC. Thus a maximum of 40 players.

Process of invitation for the 40 max. players as follows:

</font>

• Ex Rumblings of War winners + those that reached previous Finals;</font>
  • RoW participants that have finished at least a tournament in the past, with AAR's. Players that have finished more than 1 RoW tourney will get preference;</font>
  • Invitees, based on either commitment shown to RoW (eg. RoW scenario designers, tourney directors/helpers etc.) or any other forum tournament (Onion Wars, CM Meta Campaign etc.) and/or according to our little black book; ;)</font>
  • The above not necassarily in a 1-2-3 step order.</font>

Treeburst155 will recall that, in the veeery beginning, we asked players to write up a 'thesis' why we, as organizers, should select them as possible participants in the tourney. Worked pretty well then.

Those that bothered to sharpen their writing skills then - and we received some excellent motivational scribes - were also the very same players that finished the tourney in style, and several others since, some with excellent AAR's. We might consider this method again as an extra measure to minimize possible drop-outs.

John,

I have noticed that the first page in our 'tourney record book' and our 'black book' has one name, written several times...

[ April 03, 2006, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Watching with interest.

;)

Until I see the final product (game) I have as yet to get an idea of what is possible.

I am guessing (and I hope) that some here might be beta testers?

Anyway back to lurk mode until the game is released and the tourney is set up ....

H

Originally posted by Holien:

I am guessing (and I hope) that some here might be beta testers? Anyway back to lurk mode until the game is released and the tourney is set up ....

:D

It stands to reason that we can only start RoW-CMC once the game is released, fiddled with a bit by players to get an idea of the game mechanics, and possibly patched, if necassary.

Ike,

I say stick to your guns! You just might beat the odds and be invited. I got into the Invitational Tourney (way back when) completely out of the blue, being selected because the founders liked my posts.

I think genuine interest and enthusiasm will open doors for you in ROW circles, especially since attrition has historically been very heavy among selectees. Time and again real life has lain its heavy hand on our cybernetic combats, so much so that at times we've run out of replacements.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Ike:

Well, I have never participated in a ROW, so I withdraw my post indicating my interest. No point, since under the posted criteria I have no chance of playing.

You've played in no other tournament under the auspices of Band of Brothers, Onion Wars, CM Meta Campaign-COCAT II, The Wargamer etc? I found that hard to believe smile.gif

RoW VI, based on CMC:CMBB will be a cross section of invitees from the following:-

</font>

Not an exhaustive list, but you get the idea.

[ April 04, 2006, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Hi Winecape. With such an impressive offering from your good self how could one resist the temptation to throw their name in the hat for yet another ROW tournament. Please consider my name thrown!

I'm guessing just about every participant will be praying that they get to play on the same team as Walpurgis Nacht as that should pretty much ensure they're part of the winning team!

Regards

Jim R.

Done Jim.

It depends: Walpurgis Nacht's might be at the head of a maneuver element in CMC that consist of a Recon platoon, or perish the thought, a company of Russian 'animal killers.' Voting rights within the Axis or Russian Campaign teams will be the decider :D

Apart from Walpurgis, there were 2-3 other (mean) RoW winners in the past. Leonard Dickens/Wreck springs to mind. You have to put him, be default, in the opposing camp, me thinks. Or give him kitchen duty if he's on the same side... tongue.gif

Wine Flag

Oh yes, apart from prize awarded to the winning team, the award(s) during the campaign will be also as follows: 22 cases of wine sponsored in the RoW-CMC Campaign => a quite a few 'wine flags' or objectives on the CMC campaign terrain map.

Seize the objective or wine flag, seize the wine bottles.

[ April 04, 2006, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]