Any news?

Not that I'm desperate, but I haven't seen any news on CMC now for months in this forum. Isn't there ANYTHING you can tell us? I know you guys are probably working hard (you DO still work on CMC, right?) and just don't find the time to throw us a little bone every couple of weeks, but a tiny ounce of development news would be much appreciated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen a beta version of it very recently and it definately not vapourware, so don't be too concerned, I am sure once they sort out a couple of the bugs that have appeared it will be on the way.

Only my opinion and from the look of it, the CMC part looked complete. So be patient and hopefully Hunter will come back soon and say all bugs sorted and will be shipped in ????

Originally posted by Moon:

Just wanted to pop in here quickly and post a big "kudos!" to Bruce and team for their enthusiasm, determination and efforts to bring you CMC! These guys started shortly after CMBO release (!) and worked under strict secrecy oaths ;) for years. It was a bumpy ride, but the end is near. This is a work of love, folks...!

Stop asking.....

Originally posted by Elvis:

You want to know how I check on progress? I watch the action on the sealed forum. Some beta forums have very little or no action and some have a lot of action. This might be a good gage.

Actually that's a very bad indication because a whole bunch of stuff is being discussed via email.

CMC exists, even if progress has been slower for some time than hoped due to a whole bunch of reasons. I'll ask Bruce to post some update here in the next days, you guys certainly deserve one.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

You want to know how I check on progress? I watch the action on the sealed forum. Some beta forums have very little or no action and some have a lot of action. This might be a good gage.

Actually that's a very bad indication because a whole bunch of stuff is being discussed via email.</font>

• 2 weeks later...

Cmbb is the greatest ever version of the CM series in my opinion.

When I heard that this was coming out I was enthralled. However, it has now been many many months and the only news about it is sparce to say the least. The Website hasnt changed at all as far as I can see.

I can only imagine that it may have been announced as a sop to all the deregetory CMx2 Shock thing comments and that it was announced before it was even half way ready.

Looking around the Web, CM in its current formats is experiencing a downturn, in all the various Clubs and Clans there is very little new infusion and a lot of the old boys are going elsewhere for their wargaming, if indeed they are still gaming.

I still look forward to this new conception, but to be honest, it doesnt really seem that innovative from the Website and I cant see how the Company making it will make any money from it if it drags on so long that only the Hardcore of CM is left to buy it.

After all, how long can you flog a dying Horse?

as graucho put it, "i'd horsewhip you if i had a horse!"

i played cmbb and cmak a while ago. i used to play asl way back. i still dont think the cm games quite capture the tactical feel of asl, but perhaps no computer game can. i do really think that a better interface is needed, where the mouse can be used to zoom in and out easily.

still, there is nothing else. spwaw was great - but nothing like cm, not even close, in realism and simulation. the close combat games were great too, but again, not like cm! cm is the best computer game of tactical ww2 i have found.

but what has always been missing is the campaign game, which made even much simpler games like panzer general enjoyable. there is nothing like having to live with the consequences of past battles.

therefore, i have pulled my old cmbb out of the desk drawer and am practicing fighting so i can be ready for cmc. further, i drink a toast to the people putting it together and i think great thoughts while i wait ... may they thrive and prosper! may they live forever!

i, for one, am definitely into it and absolutely need cmc in my life.

ok, now back to trying to win approach to sevastopol!