Progess Report/Release Date? (Lurkers Abound)

MeatEtr

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it does, but we've run out of things to discuss cos we haven't received any new info about the game pretty much since it was announced that it was going to be made. Which sucks. There was a great deal of interest initially though and arguably there was more enthusiasm for CMC than CM:SF at first

Originally posted by John_d:

I don't think it does, but we've run out of things to discuss cos we haven't received any new info about the game pretty much since it was announced that it was going to be made. Which sucks. There was a great deal of interest initially though and arguably there was more enthusiasm for CMC than CM:SF at first

Yeah I chalk it up as keeping us in the dark. I think the website they put up created more questions than answers. I'm really more excited about this over CMX2 because this is closer on the horizon.

I wonder if they have encountered problems that are difficult to solve- stitching two games together to create one uber-game can't be an easy task. In another thread, I mentioned that I had tried setting up scenarios of the type that we have been told to expect from CMC. They didn't work very well as the AI was trying to fight as if the battle were being fought in isolation (a la CMBB). It rushed victory flags, thus reducing every battle to a meeting engagement; and didn't conserve its forces. I think that CMC will probably require CMBB to be patched in order to solve the AI problems. This, I suspect, is why we have heard so little about CMC

Baneman

I don't think interest is dead - lurkers like me pop in every couple of weeks or so to check it out.

But in the absence of news, little to discuss as mentioned above.

Definitely looking forward to it though.

Salkin

Another lurker , doing his lurking....

Bergerbitz

And another...just sniffing around...

Bluefish

I check in here everyday, like a crack addict!
PSK

*lurking*
Garry Barr

In the background lurking as is my wont.............
Vergeltungswaffe

Same.

It'll be a while, but I check here every day hoping for some news.

:cool:

[ February 13, 2006, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: vincere ]