CMBB Guide - What are your impressions

Originally posted by RCMP:

Anyone have the text version?

Yes, I have two of them. The original version with some misprints and the corrected version which BFC shipped free of charge to all of us who had the misprinted version. It is a nice game manual.

[ January 04, 2006, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Hi Michael.......Love your site man.

No the background has some colour but the text and illustrations are kinda grey.

I found it very informative. Nice to have all the charts/equipment ratings etc. Just took it to staples re the PDF having it bounded in a nice binder for quick reference.

Ok now I'm ready for a quick game anyone ;)

Originally posted by securityguard:

To be brutally honest, I've heard that for the veteran player there aren't too many tricks of the trade in the book that are useful and it's too disorganized to be used as reference.

But for the newer player it can be very helpful and is probably worth the cash to grasp the game concepts better.

Meh, that's the point though I'd say. I can speak for myself that it's taken me -years- of play in order to count myself among the "veteran player" clique. When I was a newbie CMBO player it would've been wonderful to have a book detailing proper tactics for attacking fortified positions. Who knows how many thousands of pixel troops died needlessly in those insane human waves I used to launch? The strategy guide may have saved them. :D

Ales thats unfortunate to hear. :(

Where did you have the problem? Maybe I can help?

I have problem with direct2drive when I want to use my Mastercard.They have great and simple customer support. :(

I also have problems with Visa.I want to buy some Universal Audio plug-ins and the Company didn't like last four digits on my Visa card ( Slovenia ).At least they told me where the problem is.(There was no declined without reason) So I sent them a cheque. Long live S. Visa... :rolleyes:

Can you sell me your copy?I can send you a cheque. ;)

Regards

Ales

[ January 10, 2006, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]

Ales, some companies simply do not accept credit cards from certain countries or regions in order to reduce exposure to fraud. We have regular fake orders from some oddball countries as well (not Slovenia though) and I think we've disabled some countries, too. If you happen to be a legitimate customer from that country, you wouldn't be able to order, either.

Some companies are simply more strict than we are I guess. Seeing as the cost for such fraud orders remains with us (sometimes amounting to both lost product and lost payment, plus extra charges) and not with the various payment processing companies, I can't really blame them.

Martin

Hi Michael.......Love your site man.

No the background has some colour but the text and illustrations are kinda grey.

I found it very informative. Nice to have all the charts/equipment ratings etc. Just took it to staples re the PDF having it bounded in a nice binder for quick reference.

Ok now I'm ready for a quick game anyone ;)

Still looking for an opponent? If so drop me a line, my email addy is in the profile.

Originally posted by Sergei:

I'd assume that you can make a copy, but it cannot be opened unless the license is registered to your Adobe Reader.

And where is this license kept?

What prevents it from beeing used it in different readers, and how does that combine with a harddisk failure and a backup?

Just curious.

Erik, I don't have answers ready. I remember that when I bought some ebooks in the past, it wouldn't allow me to copy them freely. It IS possible, but the process involves registering the license for your computer(s) (or in my case PDA). What happens in a harddisk failure, I don't know. If you search the internet how ebooks work, I bet you'll find some answers.

Having said all that, I am not even sure what type of protection D2D is using. I only head that they are using the Adobe DRM (digital rights management) suite.

Martin

Just bought the pdf download. The download process was a bit painful however it all worked.

In the pdf there are markings on every page. They look like target marks and lines on all 4 sides, maybe alignment marks. Before I print, can these be removed? They do print and they are ugly.

Thanks

Jeff

Well I seem not to have a problem copying it on my machine to other files. I did make a copy onto my flash card/drive and dropped it off for a printing/binder for quick reference. They just called and stated they can't access the PDF I copied onto their machine from my flash drive. Just to print and then they were to delete it smile.gif

Hmmmm maybe this file is protected. It's ok if its on my machine take it and copy to someone elses machine and "no go"? Maybe its the printer people just don't know anything about Pdf's?