A thought..

PSK

First of all I want to say that I'm thrilled that someone finally is making a CM-campaign game..

But.. reading about it and that ME can't move diagonally and have to fight in designated 2km x 2km squares that doesn't sound very realistic in my ears..

So my thought is this.. why isn't this possible:

Create a large map in Lelands Mapping mission.. say about 20km x 20km .. Then have the CMC game create a map of it to place ones ME's on. Then give orders to the ME's with the same order system as in CM (order phase, then see a 60min movement on map). That means an ME gets to move with waypoints on the map. Once two units spots eachother the spotting unit can either attack/fire or not. If he fires or attack it, then the CMC game would cut out the appropriate map (2km x 2km)from the large 20km x 20km to export to CMBB.. Then fight it in CMBB and so on..

That would IMHO be the perfect campaign game.

i.e Airborne Assault: Red Devils over Arnhem in Operational Mode (suggestion) and CMBB in the Tactical mode.

/PSK

[ December 20, 2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: PSK ]

The whole version would have to be reworked. I rather what we have and get it in January, then start afresh. But it should be something to consider in version 2. If Hunter gets enough sales.

Perhaps even commisioning leland to do the map conversion side of things. Although I would much prefer to see a export of a map rather then the current process of using the cmbb editior. Perhaps they could work together with BFC in the next version and get something even more realistic. It seems CM:WW2 will be a long way off anyway.