Possible scenarios to stay away from

Ardem

I am assuming with CMC there will be some default operations already included, and other people are going ahead getting ready to make their operations. It would be a shame for those people if say they were working on the same terrain and battle layout.

It probably not possible but is their a way hunter you could say what scenarios would be included?

I'm not sure you guys fully understand what this game will be about...I thought it was optimized for regimental or divisional level play, meaning a maximum of one division per side...

Stalingrad, for one example, involved two entire Armies, right? 62nd Army on the Russian side, 6th Army on the German side, plus elements of other armies (4th Panzer Army under Hoth, for example, charging to the rescue). Each of these armies were made up of corps, corps of divisions, divisions of regiments - with Stalingrad, Berlin, Odessa et al you could conveivably have dozens of campaigns by focusing on a single regiment/division. Considering these battles lasted for weeks and months you could also pick slices out of the timeline to go with.

And even then, no two scenario designers are going to portray things the same way. I mean, good luck finding those inexpensive Russian topo maps or order of battle info.

I think the worrying may be a tad premature.