Ohhh I got A Question

Kellysheroes

Do you mean:

1. generate them, save them without altering them in the editor (because, like many of us, you're a lazy sod who just wants to "get on with the game, damn it!" ;) ), then piece them together into a CMC megamap?

or

2. have CMC generate them and automatically stitch them into a CMC megamap (even lazier sod's approach)?

I'm guessing "yes" for 1 and "no" for 2. Note that there is a high likelyhood that edge feature (roads/river/lakes/ etc. ) will not match well.

yeah Brent you got it right. ;) I just want to make random maps from any GD editor and put them in the CMC megamap and play. Is that possible or do I have to actually edit every map and place units on them as well?

Let's say I want a 3000pt vs 3000pt campaign battle. And I want a 4x8 campaign map that would be 32 actual individual maps correct?

So, I randomly create 32 maps from the CMBB editor and place them in the CMC campaign map editor. Now, I have to place my 3000pt armies correct? Do I have to place them "inside an individual map" or just on the CMC campaign map on one of those individual SQUARES?

I'm hoping I can just put the armies onto one CMC campaign map square and not have to go into the individual maps. Editing has always been a pain for me. Why didn't he make everything RANDOM GDmit! lol

I had visions of CMC being, ok you want what size campaign? I input 4 x 8, then it asks and how many army points do you want for each side and I put 3000 and then it asks do I want to buy my armies or let the AI do it and I say Yes/No. And then like in the CM series it asks me all those other little important questions, trees, buildings, weather, etc. etc. and once I answer all of that it builds me a nice campaign game and all I have to do is PLAY! smile.gif

Yeah I'ma lazy sod haha. ;)

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

Editing has always been a pain for me. Why didn't he make everything RANDOM GDmit! lol

You don't actually HAVE TO make your own campaigns, it's only an option if you're a manic obsessive sod instead of lazy sod. tongue.gif In fact, I bet you'll have quite enough to tinker with playing the campaigns that ship with the game if you want to take personal responsibility of every battle. smile.gif

Depends on just how random you want it... if you mean like a string of tactical battles for your core group, then I think CMC should make that possible. You just let the AI take care of the rest of the troops and follow the war path of your 'own' unit.

But don't you think that fighting on real maps with and against historical forces as a part of a real larger scale operation is better than generic randomness?

Nah, I don't care for historical replays. I'd rather play an ahistorical scenario with historical troups and equipment.

I rarely played any scenarios of any of the CM series, or ops. I played nearly every game a random quick battle setup and being fair to the AI I never used the pre-setup to setup my units, I always played that I had to advance and maneuver, even when playing the defensive ones.