substituting AFV models

Vipor1

Can we substitute say a MKIII w/50mm long barrel gun for the short 37mm model within the order of battle?

What I want to know is ... can we have early introduction of armor models or are we stuck with historical production and introduction?

Obviously.. I am interested in what if?

In the tactical battle... what is the size of the unit u can expect to fight with.. max against max capacity on what size area? I forgot what the Germans assigned as a battalion front for armor assault... are u using these historical guidelines?

Vipor1

I know when designing a scenario in the editor you can switch between various dates to get access to whatever units you want. Then switch back to sept 41 or whatever your final date is.

I was able to get captured PzIVf1 into the russian side in a historical crimean May 1942 battle that way. Since the may 1942 force selection for russians doesn't provide any captured PzIVf1's, i moved up to august 42, added the PzIV's, then switched back to May 42. (79th Tank Training Battalion, Crimea, May 1942 OOB)