Additional Feature idea

Ardem

I have though about the role of recon in the games, and I would like to propose an idea that might make recon fun and exciting.

Instead of having a computer randomly put in what the opposition may or may not have for equipment, allow for space where the player has to manually put what it see in the unit.

Ok example.

Recon Dagger uses it scout cars and skirts the battlefield, he has seen a platoon of stugs and about a battalion on troops, which make up this, he feels he has enough information and withdraws off the battlefield, he was lucky to supress a few infantry but no major damage was caused either side.

The player now makes the icon on CMC as Enemy Battalion and notes down what he believe is consisted in the force. But he didn't spot the Tiger Platoon hiding behind a hilltop.

After many battles and recons in the end he would have an a good idea of the consistancy and makeup of the enemy units.

And it really makes recons and probe engagements worth something.

I rather this way then you get close to a unit and the computer then gives you a listing of what the enemy has.

Probably not explained it well, but hopefully you get my drift. I would like other opinions?

Additional information maybe recieved like unit name and even radio intercepts, that might allow you to add extra detail, but should be listed in a like an event log.

And captured troops should reveal the makeup of their immediate battalion.

[ November 15, 2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Ardem ]