how will the "tactical reserve" work ?

scottie

I had a wee search for threads on tactical reserve and couldnt find any.

Im just curious to know how its going to work.

1. does a tactical reserve need to be in an ajacent square or can armour be further away than foot infantry due to mobility ?

2. at what point do reserves join a tactical battle ? are they called on request ? do they just appear ?

3. is there a delay in receving the reserve based on how far away they are ? i.e ajacent square etc and movement speed ?

4. if i surround an enemy ME and place all units in tactical reserve apart from the attacking force can i pound a position until all my forces are spent ? (i guess this depends on battle lenght too).

5. can i bring all reserves in together or is there a unit total in a battle ?

Many thanks for any information.

Scott

1. It can be up to 5km away (settable by player for each order)

2. They get a request from one of the potentially numerous supported units. The request is sent immediately upon contact, takes transmission time to get to the reserve unit, and they then move immediately. After they travel the required distance, they enter the square, as reinforcements if the battle is still going.

The request is only sent if the contact is between two 'force odds ratios', set by the player. For example, the MIN ratio could be set to 1 (meaning don't come to my assistance if somebody weaker than me attacks) and the MAX ratio to 10 (meaning if they are stronger than me, up to 10 times stronger, come to my assistance). Any more than 10x stronger may mean the reserve unit er, loses, the message.

3. Based on the transmission time of the signal plus movement speed (fast movement or travel speed).

4. Should work, yes.

5. You can bring all reserves in together, although CMBB has a limit to the number of units in battle.

Hunter