half ME exit battle left, half ME exits battle right - what happens in CMC ?

scottie

I noticed this in a thread:

"Exiting a CMBB Map: Can you exit the CMBB map and reappear on the adjecent CMC map hex?{-}

Not sure about exiting maps, but I assume that the answer is yes. -Moon"

What happens if half your ME exists one side and the other half exits the other side ?

do they appear in different tiles on CMC or does the majority rule ?

thanks

Scptt

Perhaps the ME re-appears in CMC in the location where the most of the unit exited and the rest of the ME which was not either captured or destroyed shows up later after some pre-determined delay based on their distance from the main body of the ME, at the location of the "majority" of the ME. Stragglers, if you will, straggling in.

I think that would encourage maintenance of unit integrity in the CMBB battles as well as prompting careful consideration of the composition of the MEs when the campaigns are constructed.

"One of the problems is that CMBB actually doesn't return to us the kind of information about where units end up (off board left, right, on-board, etc)."

thanks for reply.

We shouldnt complain about this really. I think the addition of campaign functionality excuses many of these little problems. I really hope CMC is a big sucsess so we can get one for CMAK eventully smile.gif ..... or included in CMx2 game platform.

Cheers

Scott

Originally posted by Hunter:

Ike,

Nice idea, but unlikely to be implemented in the first instance. One of the problems is that CMBB actually doesn't return to us the kind of information about where units end up (off board left, right, on-board, etc).

If that is the case how can you tell the difference between a break through and a retreat? Is it all dependant on a flags, So there is no way to say punch a hole through the middle and exploit it with back up forces?

Ardem,

If you own the 4 flags, you will own the tile, and be able to move out of it in breakthrough and exploitation moves following the battle. You could also retreat from the tile if you wanted to. If you leave the map and own no flags, your ME will be retreated.

You can't for example move a whole armoured column 'off the board towards the enemy' and expect them to appear in the next quadrant in CMC. We don't get that kind of information.

Hunter

• 2 weeks later...