promotions & experience

Dan Dare

will this be taken into account? let´s say that after 3 successful battles my regular pz grenadiers become veterans, is this possible?(hope so, because they for sure will become tired, so they need something to balance).

next, if my batallion commander was kia, do i have the option to promote on spot one of my co commanders? (and so on trought the ranks).

also, if i can save an OoB, will it be possible to save after one campain?, and then to be used for another? (i´m thinking on a kampfgruppe acting as a fire brigade without much time to rest and with just minor reinforcements to their damaged structure)

and the last one, could i update individual units equipment? (changing those old pzIVe into pzIVf when they become available will improve my panzer btln even if i just change 1 per co)

Originally posted by Dan Dare:

will this be taken into account? let´s say that after 3 successful battles my regular pz grenadiers become veterans, is this possible?(hope so, because they for sure will become tired, so they need something to balance).

next, if my batallion commander was kia, do i have the option to promote on spot one of my co commanders? (and so on trought the ranks).

also, if i can save an OoB, will it be possible to save after one campain?, and then to be used for another? (i´m thinking on a kampfgruppe acting as a fire brigade without much time to rest and with just minor reinforcements to their damaged structure)

and the last one, could i update individual units equipment? (changing those old pzIVe into pzIVf when they become available will improve my panzer btln even if i just change 1 per co)

1. Yes, units can gain experience by being in battle and killing enemy units.

2. Not sure. Still working on this.

3. Yes, that's the plan. But there is no automated meta-campaign feature. So you would need to add the reinforcements and so on in the editor by hand.

4. No. Not in a campaign, only in the editor.

Originally posted by Hunter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dan Dare:

...and the last one, could i update individual units equipment? (changing those old pzIVe into pzIVf when they become available will improve my panzer btln even if i just change 1 per co)

4. No. Not in a campaign, only in the editor. </font>

Originally posted by Joachim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hunter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dan Dare:

...and the last one, could i update individual units equipment? (changing those old pzIVe into pzIVf when they become available will improve my panzer btln even if i just change 1 per co)

4. No. Not in a campaign, only in the editor. </font>

Depends on the length of the campaign. It is rather unlikely to have an upgrade in 4 weeks - training will take much longer except if it is the upgrade from PzIVf2 to PzIVG (early) or Panther Ausf. D to Ausf. A. Which however ain't that important in CMC. If you consider a campaing to take place over the course of several month, it might make sense.

From what I've read so far, CMC is much closer to a CM operation (regarding time) than to what many of us have in mind when they hear "campaign" (-> PG, SP, BCR, ...)

Gruß

Joachim