Can we have an AAR from CMC ?

Scheer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon, Hunter, and All Beta Testers,

How's this AAR ccoming? Will it be done by Monday?

How about a clue dealing with how the games play out?

On the CMC maps do the MEs tend to form defined lines?

Or do the CMC battle maps have pockets of MEs roaming around bumping into each other?

Are there many times when a Pz Battlion faces a inf platoon? and lopsided CMBBs?

Are there many battles where once joined, the boff sides keep funneling troops in to a meat grinder?

Or do the battles form and one side runs to fight another day??

Inquiring minds need to know.

Since the AAR takes that long, here are my guesses:

1. set up CMC: infos about your CMC-BB POP3-account are needed, because CMC checks your emails automatically.

2. then choose a Campaign - if human CMC-oponent, input name and email adress of other CMC-player

3. choose own tactical CMBB players for each MovingElement controlled by a human (email-adress)

4. send turn to other CMC oponent (via CMC)

5. oponent receives CMC-turn and does the same as above + gives orders to his MEs and plots his moves

6. sends CMC-turn#2

7. Player1 starts CMC, checks POP3, receives CMC-turn#2

8. P1 plans his moves -> calculation of action

9. send CMC-turn#3

10. CMC-player2 starts CMC, CMC checks POP3, receives CMC-turn#3

11. CMC P2 views action

12. minute 31: battle between ME-x and oponent

13. CMC player has to decide, since ME-x is controlled by a human: auto-resolve or play CMBB? Chooses: solve by CMBB-battle.

14. CMC-turn#4 sent to CMC P1.

15. CMC Player1 receives CMC turn#4 - info: CMBB-battle occured for player Y controlling ME-y and for player Z controlling ME-z - which one should play the battle?

16. CMC-player1 descides for player Z

17. CMC creates the CMBB setup files

18. sends PBEM setup-files

19. WAIT for the bad news.

:D

[ October 16, 2005, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Steiner14 ]

Now here's a question.

Imagine a 2 player game.

Would CMC be able to produce multiple CM scenarios, so that the opponents would be able to play out ALL of the generated battles for a turn in paralell by PBEM? Or is it strictly sequential?

It will definitely speed things up and add a little bulk to the game. I rarely spend more than 10-15 minutes working on a PBEM turn and it would be great to be able to do 3-4 of them at once - both to move things along a little more quickly and also to fill out a nice evening of gaming.

The only possibility i see, is that CMC-turns continue although a CMBB-battle has begun. But the maximum would be until the result of the oldest CMBB-battle is needed (max. 60 minutes).

But a problem i see with CMC continuing 60 minutes after a CMBB-battle has begun is, that the effect of CMBB battles ending prior to 60 minutes (i.e. due to auto surrender), wouldn't be reflected timewise in CMC.

But on the other hand, the possibility to start all CMBB battles that begin in that hour, would heavily speed things up.

So maybe all battles that begin within a CMC-turn, could be started parallel.

[ October 16, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Steiner14 ]

Originally posted by Steiner14:

But a problem i see with CMC continuing 60 minutes after a CMBB-battle has begun is, that the effect of CMBB battles ending prior to 60 minutes (i.e. due to auto surrender), wouldn't be reflected timewise in CMC.

How would the results of a battle in one location have an immediate effect on other locations? Unless one side withdrew, but then we can just assume that they'd linger the rest of the turn "between" two locations.

Not necessarily immediately on another location but more that consecutive orders depending on the success are delayed.

Think of a breakthrough operation: your infantry knocks a hole into the front and the tanks and mot-units are ready to drive through the hole into the oponent's rear. Winning half an hour (if the CMBB battle succeeds already after 30 minutes) can be quite positive.

But IMO the effect for a (much) faster gameplay because of starting all battles of the same hour in one CMC-turn simultaneously is more important.

Originally posted by Steiner14:

Since the AAR takes that long, here are my guesses:

13. CMC player has to decide, since ME-x is controlled by a human: auto-resolve or play CMBB? Chooses: solve by CMBB-battle.

Steiner, nice summary, probably close to reality.

I think/hope that step 13 would have a 3rd option: have the AI play the CMBB battle even though the ME-x is controlled by a human player. This would allow substitution in case the human player was busy elsewhere, on vacation, etc.

Of course, at least one player in every CMBB battle has to be human...

Remember the CMBO Alpha-Beta AAR with Moon and Fion?

That one published a couple of turns now and then.....you don't need to do the whole AAR and then publish. Give us hungry hamsters the first turn got damn it.

If thats not possible. Give us a statusrepport.

Please!

/BjörnE

• 2 weeks later...