CMC questions?

Since CMC is managing the game will you as a player have your command level change as it was in Squad Leader?

Example: You and other players assign a command unit, and as the results of battles are calculated and ground is gained or lost based on the balance of the two sides the command rating should change (if a platoon stops a battalion the platoon commander will raise his command level).

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Not sure if it answers your question or not (probably not :D ), but CMC is using a concept called "Roles". The campaign designer creates various Roles for a campaign and determines if they are played by a human player or by the AI. CMC is multi-player capable, where one human could be the overall commander, and several other AI controlled and human controlled sub-commanders would be battalion, company or platoon commanders.

If there is only one human player, then he is able to "jump" from one command level to another and play the various roles individually.

Originally posted by Moon:

Not sure if it answers your question or not (probably not :D ), but CMC is using a concept called "Roles". The campaign designer creates various Roles for a campaign and determines if they are played by a human player or by the AI. CMC is multi-player capable, where one human could be the overall commander, and several other AI controlled and human controlled sub-commanders would be battalion, company or platoon commanders.

If there is only one human player, then he is able to "jump" from one command level to another and play the various roles individually.

You answered it. Thank you Moon. smile.gif

No, I believe that it allows 2 or more players, so the operational level is multi-multi.

See the multiplayer host screen

Yep, see the "Features" page.

The ability to define many roles within a single campaign, allowing the player to interact with both humans and AIs on both sides of the operation.

An operationally focused Artificial Intelligence that can take over the troops for one or a number of roles within the game.

Multi-Multiplay support that allows for numerous human players against either the AI or other people or a combination of both.

A Multiplayer engine for coordinating the movement of multiple roles and players.

I think the website is a bit difficult to read. Too many pictures spread between paragraphs break up the reading experience. Then there's stuff divided between Overview, Features and FAQ by a logic not very easy to follow.

[ October 13, 2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

i got a question too smile.gif

i wond open a new topic for it, so i use this "CMC qestions" thread.

iam wondering if we are able to capture enemy "stuff", most likely mg´s, AT guns(EDIT: meybe trucks and gerneral logistic stuff too).

the problem ican see with it is that in BB rearely any MG or at gun is abandomd, but mostly knocked out. wich would mean, not useable anymore...

does you guys(BFC ;) ) thought about this? could there be a way to capture enemy equipment, and use it after the battle is over(and so use the captured stuff in the next battle fought by this unit)?

or is it a 100% nogo??

thx for answer ;)

greetings

I've always wondered why at least a portion of "abandoned" AFVs are not considered captured by the victor at game's end. That is, if the abandoned equipment is still on the right side of the MLR. I don't think you'd be able to use captured equipment, at least not immediately. Its point value would probably just be part of the final calculations after the battle.

[ October 14, 2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Shmavis ]