AWESOME

76mm

I said that I had a bunch of questions...

--How does stacking work?

--How does artillery work which is not represented "on board" within CMBB--ie, how can my Soviet recon platoon attack that nebelwerfer battery?

More coming...

Originally posted by Moon:

Tom, I am not sure. Bruce will have to answer that one, too. Looking at the current beta of the map editor, it allows me to make humongonormous maps of thousands of sqkm. But if that will be practicable to play is very much questionable.

Where's Bruce when you need him? smile.gif

Martin

Yes, I don't think we have built an actual limit in to the editor, but practically speaking, probably about 40km square, or 1600 square kilometres. Of course, that is 400 CMBB maps to make, so go knock yourself out tongue.gif

Hunter

Originally posted by 76mm:

I said that I had a bunch of questions...

--How does stacking work?

--How does artillery work which is not represented "on board" within CMBB--ie, how can my Soviet recon platoon attack that nebelwerfer battery?

More coming...

You can have several 'Maneuvre Elements' (groups of units) in a single battle. So stacking is allowed.

Artillery or other units which have no on board representation don't get to be played with. Nebelwerfers that get attacked might be represented only by their transport, so best to avoid getting attacked.

Some questions for you;

- How do you handle artillery? And how do you handle massive pre-engagement barrages?

- How do you handle supply? Can units get cut off?

- Do you model breakdowns, i.e. if you are moving tanks, do you get some form of attrition?

- Do you model repairs, i.e. do some casualties (talking mainly vehicles here) reappear in later battles?

I'm happy to see CMC news!

May I ask questions?

Can small recon elements avoid battle and get the infomation?

If I have the enemy infomation, what advantage have I?

Am I able to know enemy's mine area or barricade and so on?

I have waited to play organic actions of recon elements and main force since I read recon articles in Scout PL's Tutorial Page.

Japanzer,

i guess if the AI decides for a battle, your recon elements will find themselfes on the CMBB battlefield - and then it's up to you, to rescue them!

It's only speculation by me, but since Charles programmed the interface and only the maps are precalculated, i think it could be even possible, that battles with exit-points appear in such situations...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I understand that tactical maps must be pre-made, but, does it means the designer cannot create/modify the tactical maps once the campaign has begun?

When considering big operational maps, say for example 30x20Km, there are some areas where the probability of a battle are very low, so a designer would prefer to create just the maps needed to solve a battle, and not creating all the maps in advance.

Is there some possibility of doing that?