Hi there

Hunter

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hunter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Couldn't see any mention of defensive trenches & pill boxes and how they'll be implemented from CMC into CMBB battles.

Cheers

They are in. You can dig in on the Operational Map and then get trenchlines, mines and pill boxes in the CMBB battle.

Hunter </font>

Originally posted by Captain Scarlet:

Looks and sounds great! Put me down for two!

Just one thing, and I don't think its been mentioned in FAQ or the forum:

Will units have a points value, as in CM?

I ask this because I often play against my friend, and we like to have an equal points value, and therefore equally matched forces, in our player designed battles.

Yes, the point values are similar (almost identical) to CMBB.

Question, while the game isn't going to have random generated campaigns, there will be the ability to have various point buy groups, that will and can be played on the same static campaign maps?

Like a 5000 point campaign and then a 3000 point campaign, 2000 point??? What about maximum limit is there a maximum limit of points one can purchase???

Also all this 2km x 2km and 1km x 1km is confusing, just how many "squares" can be on a campaign map once created? I think I read someone said to build a monster map would take 400 maps, is that 400 squares then? That would be awesome.

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

Question, while the game isn't going to have random generated campaigns, there will be the ability to have various point buy groups, that will and can be played on the same static campaign maps?

The player doesn't 'buy' his forces; he uses what the campaign designer has given to him. Of course, campaigns can be easily edited with the editor.

Originally posted by Sergei:

No, this is not a fantasy game.

We sense a strange malaise in the Collective; like a million interconnected souls wondering what the hell we were thinking when we aCMilated you.

We can't believe we're saying this but...

You're free to go. :mad: Good luck with that post count. You are unaCMilated.

Originally posted by Hunter:

Like Battlefront, we expect that not only will be support the game once released, but also provide patches and new features to enhance it and generate as much fun as we can.

A Pz VIB for CMAK and more Marder-versions for CMBB, now that would make you REALLY popular, Hunter! Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Actually, the player can, as long as the player is also willing to be the designer, which is when you get to do the shopping.

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

The player doesn't get to pick his units at all? Hrmmmm, not exactly what I thought it was going to be, thought it was going to be simular to SPWAW where you got so many points, purchased a group of units and played out a campaign with them.

After all the disappointment after the CMX2 theater/units announcment this feels to good to be true - they DO still listen to what the majority of their customers want!

However, I do feel that the pricing/bundling model need some discussion. Is it not better to sell the game for $45 and include CMBB? The price of CMBB here in Europe is currently $15 (CDV Best Buy release) and bundling them would make the game interesting for newcomers. Buyers/reviewers generally don't like to have to buy two games to be able to play. I realize that the thought is that the old grogs should no be forced to pay for CMBB and the newcomers should be "milked" - but I don't think that this is the right approach. It will definately be held against the game in reviews and it may end up as a game that only the current CMBB players buy, instead of beeing a fresh start for new CMX1 players while waiting for CMX2 WWII.

I hope the majority of us here would be glad to pay $45 for this game, even if we already own CMBB!

/Mazex