Hi there

Hunter

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breathtaking. I'm stunned.

So stunned I haven't been able to digest the FAQ yet.

The question on my mind is whether or not a unit that squanders its truck assets doing recon rushes on the tactical map will find itself paralyzed when it comes time to move on the campaign map.

And does this mean that you can intentionally send a recon platoon into an area with much larger enemy forces, sniff around for a bit, and then scamper home before you get blown to hell ?

This makes me really wish that horse-drawn carts were coded into CMBB.

And wouldn't it be nice if a patch were to come out for CMC/CMBB that included dust clouds on the tactical board...or those big russian tanks with the extra turrets...

Can I play a campaign PBEM?

How does the game handle units which are in close contact for extended periods of time?

For example, company A attacks company B and is stuck. What happens at the end of the tactical phase? Is Company A magically whisked back out of the 2x2 tactical map? Or, can the program account for holding a partial advance and remaining in contact? That is, can enemy units share an operational 2x2 square for any period of time?

Originally posted by Runyan99:

How does the game handle units which are in close contact for extended periods of time?

For example, company A attacks company B and is stuck. What happens at the end of the tactical phase? Is Company A magically whisked back out of the 2x2 tactical map? Or, can the program account for holding a partial advance and remaining in contact? That is, can enemy units share an operational 2x2 square for any period of time?

I think it will just recalculate what size of forces are in the 2Kx2K ara and generate a CMBB game.

I hope you can at the end of the battle (or after) command a with-draw from the enemy to regroup hopingly he does not advance into you. :eek:

Originally posted by Wicky:

Couldn't see any mention of defensive trenches & pill boxes and how they'll be implemented from CMC into CMBB battles.

Cheers

They are in. You can dig in on the Operational Map and then get trenchlines, mines and pill boxes in the CMBB battle.

Hunter

Originally posted by Runyan99:

Can I play a campaign PBEM?

Yes.

Yes, there will be 4 flags on the 2kx2k map, and it is possible for either side to hold any number of them, thus staying in possession of part of the map.

Originally posted by Alter Ego:

If troops are in short of food supply or water at the operational level before a battle. Will they have the status: exhausted "no recover" when I play out the battle in CMBB?

There is no 'no recover' option, so they will start exhausted but can recover during the battle if they rest for long enough. After the battle, they will be at least as tired as they started out as, probably more.

Originally posted by Hunter:

There is no 'no recover' option, so they will start exhausted but can recover during the battle if they rest for long enough.

But few minutes rest hardly substitutes for the effects of longer time lack of food (and sleep). I wonder should it have an effect on fitness level rather than fatigue level?

This is way cool.

I can't figure out which one bit is the most impressive, the campaign, the multi-multiplayer, the special fog of war system, the fact that you use different forms of communication with differing time delays...

It's all good. Can't wait for this one. smile.gif

Cheers smile.gif

PS. Can I order mine already ? ;)

I have a question about squad casualties. Let's say my partisan company gets ripped to pieces, how detailed is the casualty tracking if you have no replacements? Does it eliminate squads that are near empty, or does it actually track every dude? I'm guessing the former since you cannot define casualties in CMBB editor. But prove me wrong!