Hi there

Hunter

A quick hello from me to all Combat Mission fans who have an interest in Combat Mission Campaign. We have been working hard on it for years (!), and will be working especially hard over the next period until we release.

Like Battlefront, we expect that not only will be support the game once released, but also provide patches and new features to enhance it and generate as much fun as we can.

I and the Battlefront team will drop in here from time to time to update people with what is going on, but mainly I will be focussing on the continued development and bug-fixing.

Cheers,

Bruce (aka Hunter)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to pop in here quickly and post a big "kudos!" to Bruce and team for their enthusiasm, determination and efforts to bring you CMC! These guys started shortly after CMBO release (!) and worked under strict secrecy oaths ;) for years. It was a bumpy ride, but the end is near. This is a work of love, folks...!

Martin

Aurora it is (which should be renamed shortly)...

NG cavscout... CMC is "support" for CMx1, or to be specific CMBB (and really adding a new dimension to it, literally). It can be played stand-alone but really only makes fun when you own CMBB (to play the tactical battles using CM).

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Aurora it is (which should be renamed shortly)...

NG cavscout... CMC is "support" for CMx1, or to be specific CMBB (and really adding a new dimension to it, literally). It can be played stand-alone but really only makes fun when you own CMBB (to play the tactical battles using CM).

Martin

Excellent, now I shall whine for screenies, and demo, and soviet women in hot peasant dresses!!

Seriously though, is the release planned prior to, after, or concurrent with CMx2?

And how many late night drinking sessions at BFC have been fueled with laughing over how you think all the little forum inhabitants are going to react to corporate announcements?

Matt,

it occurs in all CMx1s. Basically, when a unit is destroyed ('unit' = drew served weapon or infantry squad, team, or crew. 'destroyed' = crew seperates from crew served weapon, or all men in inf-type unit are killed) the unit portrait down the bottom in the info bar disappears.

So, for example, if you saw some enemy move into a patch of woods, then disappear, you will see on the map a series of nationality icons at the last known position, and when you click on each icon you will see the unit portraits down the bottom. If you then shell the woods with, well anything, but in this case lets use artillery, you can tell which units have been destroyed because the icons are still on the map, but when you click on them the unit portraits of the destroyed units are gone.

I can send screenies if you want.

TBH, I don't think it's a terribly big issue.

Regards

Jon

Here is a screen shot of it:

Pic

The enemy unit was engaged by my forces,but there was no one close enough to get a positive ID that they were eliminated.However,you see how it is all balck in the info window,instead of being tall pines.

I do think it is a big deal since it applys to ATGs as well.It changes things tremendously to be able to KNOW that the ATG is KO'd and simply move on.

[ October 13, 2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: no_one ]

What a cool game. Even though I don't think WWII has any historical value whatsoever, and I think it'll be WAY too easy for Germany and their ubertanks (30 to 1 kill ratios? C'mon! :mad: ) and I can't condone Nazism or Communism and their associated atrocities by playing a game about it, I'm totally gonna buy this.

;)

Seriously, it looks great guys. I'm really (honestly!) looking forward to this. smile.gif

Originally posted by no_one:

First off,I don't have CMAK,yet,but I have not heard that it does.

In EFOW in CMBB,when a unit is eliminated(KO'd,whatever)and you do not have units close enough to see that it is indeed eliminated,you can click on the unit icon marker and if it is all black in the info screen windows then it is eliminated or knocked out.

It occur in CMAK too and it is a bit annoying.

BFC, this is a masterly stroke indeed!!! Thanks, thanks to exist!!! :D:D:D