It Never Snows in September: The Peng Challenge View of Market Garden

Lars

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You idiot ... that's the 6/07 version, the 11/07 version changed it to subsection E/a.

Not that I would know about that.

Joe

Hey pal, one of us here was the first one to find a typo in the first release of the ASL Second Edition off-board artillery flow chart card and get a thank you from MMP, and one of us wasn't.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

dalem drove by and didn't swing by to share a drink or two? Bastard.

Whew. I thought I felt a chill in the air that day. Like dodging a bullet.

That's what I was thinking. If he took the turnpike, he was about 15 miles from my front door.

</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Pour that piss into this beaker. If you're old enough to ask that question and mean it, it's time for you to undergo random drug testing. [/QB]

What would this prove to you, if not the extent of my deviancy? Surely my ejections are inconsiderable when compared to the viscous, irradiated yellow gold some here could doubtlessly produce.

Originally posted by dalem:

Hey pal, one of us here was the first one to find a typo in the first release of the ASL Second Edition off-board artillery flow chart card and get a thank you from MMP, and one of us wasn't.

Snappy answer #1: And you were both.

Snappy answer #2: Ah, yes... those were heady days, were they not? I'll bet you added mucho charisma points to your secret personality index for that coup, didn't you?

Snappy answer #3: I don't care how many times you say it, I still think it's a crappy pick up line.

Any others out there?

Originally posted by stoat:

I will be visiting OSU next week, and while Columbus is some distance from Akron, it is far closer to your home than my usual Buckeye travails in Hamilton, Butler, and Warren counties. Just a heads up so you can secret away any wives, children, WD-40, or favored chickens.

Yeah... I'll, uh... definitely write that down on my "Completely Ignore" list.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You idiot ... that's the 6/07 version, the 11/07 version changed it to subsection E/a.

Not that I would know about that.

Joe

Hey pal, one of us here was the first one to find a typo in the first release of the ASL Second Edition off-board artillery flow chart card and get a thank you from MMP, and one of us wasn't. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Joe's idea of "publishing" is to scrawl it on as many bathroom walls as he can get to in an afternoon.

Michael

Not all of us have YOUR habits sir, although in one of my many trips around this great nation I believe I may have seen one of YOUR notices.

For an average time, call Michael 555-555-5555
Granted you can't be accused of overselling.

Joe

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And ONE of us was the co-author of a set of space warfare miniature rules that were actually published ... ONE of us wasn't.

Star War 2250

It was, to be sure ... a while ago.

Joe

It took three guys to do the artwork on that? </font>

*update*

My battle with Boo continues...My sturdy Kiwis are still advancing encountering mild resistance. Soon his Italian villas will be mine..

His Stugs seem to have nine lives, as I've bounced a few rounds off them from long range

Now he's saying the map is too large (more excuses for his eventual defeat). Maybe he should upgrade that 15" b&w monitor.

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming

Can't you see their spear points gleaming

See their warrior's pennants streaming

To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady

It cannot be ever said ye

For the battle were not ready

Stand and never yield

Form the hills rebounding

Let this war cry sounding

Summon all at Cambria's call

The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory

This shall ever be your story

Keep these fighting words before ye

Welshmen never will not yield

Over at Dalem's. You're all a bunch of drunken feckers. I know I am. And so is Dalem.

Now, who amongst you would be as moved as I by watching Pratchett's version of 'The Hogfather' turned into a completely magical live action movie?

Tomorrow, Dalem will be visited by 'Bilious', the 'Oh God' of Hangovers.

Serve him right and proper.

Of course, we will be attending the same service of worship, although we will be in bathrooms removed by miles.

It will involve a lot of kneeling. Just like Catholicism, but with less vomiting for cause...