You wanted pics? Here are some pics.

Mace

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

very nice, what is the purpose of the little icons over the troops? I have not seen those discussed before.

I guess they're squad markers. Without something like that, it'd be hard to tell at a glance how many squads you have in an area (with 1:1 representation it is a bit different from CMx1). The red icons are spotted enemies then.

VERY COOL!

When I looked at the screenshots my first thought was "Forget worrying about the graphics, I want a chance to PLAY that game!" :D I'm a happy man.

About those overhead markers, Remember all the trouble BFC had wrestling with those maddening colored unit bases in CMx1? "Bases are too high! Bases are too low! Bases won't show up in roadway!" It looks like instead of bases we've perhaps got banners for unit markers, sorta like in ToW?

I like how the engine evolves, especially the damaged building.

The models (soldiers and tree ) are well modelled.

On these pics, IMSHO, the landscape appears as monotonous ; 2 different textures only for building and lack of details. Also, the trilinear/anisotropic filtering makes the textures losts its details when the camera is far away.

I hope it would be possible to see very dense environment like forest in the future (I mean DENSER than it is actually shown on TOW).

But, hey, it is an alpha version, I haven't seen how CM looked like when it was alpha. ;)

Good work, developpers!

BTW, who are working on the graphics/art ?

Originally posted by MikeyD:

VERY COOL!

When I looked at the screenshots my first thought was "Forget worrying about the graphics, I want a chance to PLAY that game!" :D I'm a happy man.

About those overhead markers, Remember all the trouble BFC had wrestling with those maddening colored unit bases in CMx1? "Bases are too high! Bases are too low! Bases won't show up in roadway!" It looks like instead of bases we've perhaps got banners for unit markers, sorta like in ToW?

My first thought was that the icons replaced the bases, which I liked, but if you look at the sixth shot with the 2 US soldiers, it looks like they still have a yellow base and the soldiers in the 4th have a green bases.

[ October 26, 2006, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Sgt.Joch ]

Looking really good.

Would be cool if the overhead markers used current NATO colour and shape map/c4i symbology to indicate FF, EF, unknown and neutral. e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APP-6a#Affiliation

Also a toggle for NATO APP-6A unit/map symbols rather than iconographic models in the overhead markers would be very cool in the beta or next iteration of CMx2.

As Steve mentioned the game potentially being marketed as a military training tool, this would make it readily accessible to most western armed forces.

Cannot wait for the game - if the alpha looks this good then it bodes very well for the finished game.