AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE FOR SCENARIO DESIGNERS

Znarf

Originally posted by Znarf:

A text dump of all forces on map and all reinforcements. It's very tedious copying all this down when designing a scenario and writing a briefing.

Next time instead of writing

Green Platoon Headquarters

Conscript Rifle Squad x 2

Regular Platoon Headquarters x 2

Regular Rifle Squad x 5

Crack Rifle Squad x 2

Regular Bazooka Team x 2

Green Company HQ

just say

"a rifle company"

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Next time instead of writing

Green Platoon Headquarters

Conscript Rifle Squad x 2

Regular Platoon Headquarters x 2

Regular Rifle Squad x 5

Crack Rifle Squad x 2

Regular Bazooka Team x 2

Green Company HQ

just say

"a rifle company" [/QB]

I think it's better to have a detailed OOB in the briefing (but I omit the levels of green, regular, etc.). Secenario designers with an eye for detail usually produce better scenarios....

Also, during playtesting of a scenario with many reinforcements, the designer will often change the 40 slots of reinforcements. Have you ever tried going through 30-40 reinforcement slots for the briefing??? :mad:

A quick CNTL-<somekey> would be easy to code and would save a lot of time.

It's not an "absolute must have" since not all scenario designers include that information in their briefings, but I will agree that it would be a nice feature for those that want it.

I think it was funny that you said

Secenario designers with an eye for detail usually produce better scenarios....
:D

I think you also meant CTRL instead of CNTL....

Regular :D x 2

Speaking of bells and whistles, is there any chance it would be possible for a designer to write in ranks as well as names when doing historical scenarios?

As it stands now you have to either let the system choose the rank of an historical character based on game function, or have Captain Major So-and-so show up in a scenario. I'd rather have the Captain demoted to a Major than have a Captain Major, but it would really be nice if I could just over rule the game engine and write in whatever rank I choose. This would also be nice, I suppose, if you were doing a raid on Rommel scenario, and didn't want a general showing the rank of major.

I would also dearly love to be able to find a way to get umlauts and double ss's into the scenario editor without remapping the keys on my keyboard.