Am I the only guy here who is sick of WW2?

'Card

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by track:

More about post (and WWII) conflicts:

- None of the post WWII era conflicts have been fought with the same brutal mentality and determination as for example Barbarossa was. It could only end in the total destruction of the other nation - by any means available.

Tell that to the Khmer Rouge. Or Nick Berg's family.

Originally posted by Rankorian:

Modern Warfare is like colonial warfare. When the US spends more on its military than....how many of the next countries combined? The last developed nation that fought a total war against an equally advanced nation was.....oh, give me something past WW2.

Try Ethiopia vs. Eritrea or the Angolan civil war. Or Iran-Iraq. Have any of you guys played the modern squad battles games (Korea to Soviet Afghan war)? They are great and I could see myself, from playing the Korean and Vietnam versions, drooling over a CM version of these wars.

Rankorian,

Modern Warfare is like colonial warfare. When the US spends more on its military than....how many of the next countries combined? The last developed nation that fought a total war against an equally advanced nation was.....oh, give me something past WW2.
None, or they would have called it WWIII and we'd probably all be glowing in the dark :D But I don't understand what this has to do with tactical wargaming. When I'm in command of a Stryker Platoon in CM:SF I don't give a flying fig how much money was spent equipping my guys because a $5 RPG can rip through my rides pretty effectively if I don't pay attention to good tactics.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Rankorian,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Modern Warfare is like colonial warfare. When the US spends more on its military than....how many of the next countries combined? The last developed nation that fought a total war against an equally advanced nation was.....oh, give me something past WW2.

None, or they would have called it WWIII and we'd probably all be glowing in the dark :D But I don't understand what this has to do with tactical wargaming. When I'm in command of a Stryker Platoon in CM:SF I don't give a flying fig how much money was spent equipping my guys because a $5 RPG can rip through my rides pretty effectively if I don't pay attention to good tactics.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Rankorian,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Modern Warfare is like colonial warfare. When the US spends more on its military than....how many of the next countries combined? The last developed nation that fought a total war against an equally advanced nation was.....oh, give me something past WW2.

Steve </font>

For me WW2 has the lot in gaming terms and the deeper we can delve into it, with the aid of a new engine say,the richer and more rewarding the experience will get. So for me I'm not bored with it at all in fact I can't wait to see what the real CM2 is going to be like [once Battlefront finish with this modern lopsided thingy,that there using to polish the new engine]. Chortle,chortle.