Working 1.06-Versions

Hi,

I am owner of a paradox-copy. I downloaded the patch, but at the moment I have to wait until work is over.

Now I read in the tech-forum about crashes with the paradox-game, so maybe the people who have a running 1.06-game can post their versions of game, so I can see if I will have a chance to play after work...

Thanks, Alex

Originally posted by carlR:

I'd like to know if anyone with the paradox version has got it working with 1.06 too......

I second that

I have the same 'paradox' (pun intended !) game termination as reported by the other users :(

test on partitions with XP SP2 and Vista Home Premium both failed (thats a complete different driver environment) on a Core2Duo E6600, NV8800GTX system with the same error.

para-dox / n [C] statement that seems to say sth opposite to common sense or the truth, but which may contain a truth.

goes well with the following:

"This "All Inclusive" patch includes all the fixes from the earlier patches and can be applied to ANY previous version of the game (v1.01-v1.05)."

Now everything becomes clear ... :D

We are looking into the issue with the Paradox version crashing at this moment. we do know that the Gamersgate and Battlefront versions are working as intended and trying to quantify if the paradox issue is related to a specific hardware conflict or of it is systemic across the board. We will have more info for you soon, but at this time i would recommend AGAINST downloading the Paradox patch. In fact, I am going to remove the links to it from the main download page.

Madmatt

[ February 05, 2008, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Piecekeeper:

So is this is a paradox problem or a Battlefront problem?

Doesn't much matter now does it? The patch isn't working for Paradox customers trying to play our game, so it's really a problem for both of us.

We will get this fixed as quickly as we can so hopefully the delay will be minimal.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Piecekeeper:

So is this a paradox problem or a Battlefront problem?

Good question. Dunno. Still wondering why one patch is 238 megs (gamershell) and the other 250 megs (paradox). Maybe the latter benefits from 12 megs of "extra-paradox" promo stuff.

The gamershell patches should always be close to the same size as the Battlefront.com ones.

Paradox patches will ALWAYS be much bigger because those patches need to also include the 1.01 data file while Battlefront and Gamersgate all inclusive patches do not, since 1.01 was the version we originally released.

Paradox released CMSF before us and their version was only 1.0.

So, thats why.

Madmatt

I keep saying it but once more for those amongst us who have not seen the light.

Ditch Paradox, buy BFC. All your CM:SF related troubles will go away.

I tried for 6 months to get my paradox version working with absolutley no luck. Paradox could not wait to get me off there backs.