Recommended PC specs for CMX2?

Perhaps this is a little premature but I'm sure I'm not alone in planning to buy a new PC to accomodate CMX2's anticipated thirst for processing and graphics power. I'm just wondering if I need to go for an Uber PC or a run of the mill job with a decent graphics card? I'm guessing the latter considering BFC's target market but a ballpark configuration would be a nice guide for myself and others who will need to upgrade their current machines.

If you buy a computer today you probably need the former. If you buy the pc when CMx2 is released I guess the latter will do fine.

Actually it will be the same computer, but a lot cheaper if you buy it when CM is released. But there will of course be a faster computer available by then...

The recommended specs will be available when the demo is released, I guess. And you can use the demo as benchmark, if you need a faster computer you have time to get it delivered before the game is shipped.

Start saving now, if you don't need a new computer you can buy something else!

Since the next game probably won't be released until the end of the first quarter of 2006 (wishful thinking) or more likely the second quarter, I wouldn't worry about getting a new computer specifically for CM for quite a while. We probably won't even be using computers by then. smile.gif

Try to do a search first next time fellows, BFC had already made comments based on another thread with a similar title earlier this last week.

If you have a system bought within the last year, and it was a decent system, I'd guess that you'd meet the minimum specs. But because we are doing some pretty fancy stuff... newer and beffer the better [big Grin] We'll have more detailed specs probably in late 2005.

Steve