Official update

Trackin'...lookin forward to the running a "scout section" in this thing somewhere...but it all looks pretty damn good...hope my laptop is up to it...looks like i'll need to work thru some N'vidia issues...not sure...i do know that if CMSF delivers...when i get outta this mess...im droppin' some of this "hazardous" pay on a screaming new laptop!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I end up staring at my a** more than i ever imagined....lol...but will comply! Im actually have relative freedom of maneuver in a quiet corner of this quagmire! Not exactly safe, but not downtown B-dad either! Thanks all the same.

Yep, done time with Tks and Cav.

Last unit posting was as a Regt 2IC (Bn XO in US speak).

I’m a bit “old school” (if you ain’t tracked, you ain’t) compared to the new guys who love the ASLAV’s but give me something with tracks anytime.

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

The outcome, generally, is a much more realistic mix of forces.

What? You mean my valiant vanilla paratroopers no long have to face platoons of Sturms? You mean my PBEM opponents will have to have realistic forces? :eek: </font>

Something with tracks eh? I present, for your viewing enjoyment:

Bob Semples Tank

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Yep, done time with Tks and Cav.

Last unit posting was as a Regt 2IC (Bn XO in US speak).

I’m a bit “old school” (if you ain’t tracked, you ain’t) compared to the new guys who love the ASLAV’s but give me something with tracks anytime.

Splinty, sounds like your in my neighborhood....pull up a chair...a cold turkish bottled water, and await the downloading festivities....its kinda fun to read where peoples heads are at sometimes...im just looking for "alot" of distraction....and CM always delivers!

MAJ G,

Cool, I "WAS" a light/wheeled guy (HUMMER) for a bit, and a "HEAVY" guy (M1A1) in various CAV and AR units (3ACR etc)...i've got a more "subtle" job now...though in principle...very similar to a scouts formost function...think...Kipling! Enough said for this venue....

Cheers and hopefully happy downloads before you nod off....(well that wouldnt be bad, dreamin' about dropping FASCAM or something similarly spectacular on Syrian Forward Security Element

Ah a Brave Rifles man eh!

Served with a MAJ Charlie Kennedy (bugger I think that was his name) back in ‘99 while he was out here. He had been a Tp commander with them and I was pretty sure he was going back there.

Don’t need to dream - I was lucky enough to be asked to be on the Beta test team :D

Originally posted by SABER66:

Splinty, sounds like your in my neighborhood....pull up a chair...a cold turkish bottled water, and await the downloading festivities....its kinda fun to read where peoples heads are at sometimes...im just looking for "alot" of distraction....and CM always delivers!

If your neighborhood is East Baghdad sir, then yes I am. I'm drinking an Iraqi Coke at the moment it's too hot for coffee.

Bastard! LOL...i'm not that wired into my gaming anymore...i've seen ya post on some of the other threads..but BLUF...whats your impression? By TOW deployment issues, i gather the "hammer's" got a bug and wont deploy....geez, sounds like the real thing!

Yeah...was with them at Ft Bliss in the early 90's...then got outta the turret and into the "2 shop" and well...the rest is just an interesting story i'll put to paper one day...

I see you've a low "draft" number...you've been at this awhile, i guess...me im hopin to ramp up my gaming when i get back to Europe...have ya partaken in the CMMC's at all?

Hats off to ya Splinty....I'm up North! So stop playin "whack a mole" down there...geez, the idiots are comin' up here! And yes its HOT...like don't even bother with the t-meter HOT...but its never too HOT for coffee... ;)

CM:SF is great (and stuff coming down the pipeline will make it better). There are some things that ARE different to CMX1 (indeed there is a section in the manual about unlearning CMX1) but having said that its pretty darn good.

With the TOW, the M2’s and M3’s drive around with it “deployed” all the time but that’s small potatoes. flight profile, etc. is petty good.

Javelin is good, Arty and Air is good, the graphics are good (first time I lit up a T-72 with a sabot round at night I replayed it about 20 times).

I’ve written a few CMAK scenarios as CPX’s (no flags, set ORBATs and orders for either side) so they weren’t flag rushes but now CMSF lets you give either side unique victory conditions (e.g. US wins if they secure OBJ “X”, Syria wins suffer less than X% casualties). You can even have both sides win.

The scenario designer can give the AI multiple plans (so the OPFOR doesn’t come on in the “same old way” everytime).

You’ll enjoy it.

OK instead of “be calm”, how about “read and wait”

Moon said:

“The official release will be tomorrow, Friday, sometime during the day US time. Expect a demo around the same time.“

So that and the initial post of this very thread indicates that what you want will happen sometime today (US time - its already Saturday the 28th here).

No doubt in due course a new sticky thread will appear telling you the flood gates have opened and then all the “refresh monkeys” in the crowd can go to work.

Please puke in the bag provided or you will make a mess on or near your computer. smile.gif