Official update

Hi all. Rather than trying to hunt down every thread here asking "is it ready yet", here's the official scoop.

The team has worked hard for the past days (and nights) to get everything ready for today and we're on track. Exhausted, but on track.

Sometime today we're going to send out emails to all pre-order customers to go grab their copies. A few hours after that, we will officially switch to "release" mode. This will end the pre-order special offer and will allow people to also order "download only".

Also sometime today, you will see the demo released on Fileplanet (and then elsewhere), for those sitting on the fence. We planned to launch with three scenarios (one tutorial and two for fun) but had to strike one of those as there simply wasn't enough time to get the master(s), patch and demo ready, plus a few localized versions. So we will likely release the third demo scenario in a few days as a special bonus.

For everyone who has the Paradox CD version already, please keep checking back here for the v1.01 patch, which sync's up your version with our Battlefront release version. We're going to make the patch available shortly from our pages and I assume that Paradox will do the same, too.

Trust us, you want the v1.01, which has received 5 weeks more of spit, polish, testing and bug fixing. While it's understandable that you want to jump right in, I would suggest taking it slow until you have the patched version. It will enhance your enjoyment of the game tremendously smile.gif

Martin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nicdain:

Thank you Martin, I hope that "Sometime today" will be sooner than later (here in Italy we are already in the afternoon!)

Well good because its 2230 here in Aust and 0030 on the 28th in New Zealand.

Be Patient.

****e... 5 minutes letting my guard down and see... a whole new thread emerged and I am not even the first one to reply! :D

Great news, although I suspect the refresh frenzy will now commence without remorse!

:D

Tick, tack, tick, tack...

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

****e... 5 minutes letting my guard down and see... a whole new thread emerged and I am not even the first one to reply! :D

Great news, although I suspect the refresh frenzy will now commence without remorse!

:D

Tick, tack, tick, tack...

You have much to learn about refreshing young padawan.

You cannot "buy" troops directly. You set the parameters from random all the way to an exact type of formation, and are assigned formations (not individual units) based on your choices.

CMSF heavily relies on the concept of real-life formations (platoons, companies, battalions) not only in QBs but in the editor in general, much more so than the previous CM games. The outcome, generally, is a much more realistic mix of forces.

What the 1.01 release version does to QBs though is fix a couple of bugs in balancing and formation selection.

Martin

Originally posted by Barrabas:

The game is available for download at Paradox's Gamers Gate. Perhaps our downloads could be activated too?

I just received their email....... however I made sure to purchase via Battlefront more monies to the guys that count. Was it just a Prue release or is it indeed open for download?

Being a big supporter of Paradox and a beta for most of there recent titles I must say they have dropped the ball on this title big time. First they leak out extra copies and then allow D/L before Battlefront.........haha

All kidding aside they are though an excellent game design company. They always stand behind their products and you see patchs for years sometime for their titles constantly fine tunning their product for their customers. Almost as good as Battlefront does smile.gif

OK can we D/L YET??

Thanks Moon,

I'm an "old" FNG (to the forum not the game) checking in from the "sandbox" where it is currently 1700 local...(MOLE caps off to the NZ and Aussie mates awaiting the downloads)... Never met a CM title that burn up "my reality" a few weeks at a time...not gonna happen here...but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be giving up some sleep, but i've done that for lesser missions! Kudos to the team for getting it this far. Respectfully "Standing by to Stand by!"

SCOUTS OUT