Chicago too far away? CM:SF Preview in Canberra 20/7 - 22/7

Don't worry, I'm in that particular ditch with you (just returned from 4 days in SA doing SIMEX with SB Pro PE ANZAC and TacOps).

A couple of other things while I'm here though:

1. In the Corps we call them tracks not "threads" ;)

2. Re you Sig block - when does the rest of the Section catch up? :D

Just to close this off...

Last Friday night I ran a demo in Canberra using Beta 8 of Ver 1.01.

Firstly a bit of an audience profile. The guys were a group with various levels of exposure - some are CMX1 tragics [carrying around CMAK data tables and mumbling about the Stug being over / under modelled], others were more from a Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Panthers MBT, M1 Tank Platoon II background.

Overall, they thought that it looked pretty good.

There were several gasps and positive comments (along the lines of "bloody hell" followed by sniggering) when the first Bradley died gloriously and graphically. Artillery at night aroused similar positive feedback (as did the new improved indirect fire model).

Also overall positive comments on the interface and the choice of WEGO Vs RT.

Those with no CMAK experience seemed to have the highest opinion.

Those who had played CMAK (or earlier) were still very interested but noticed some things that needed working on. None of these were "deal breakers" (people would still buy the game) but the hope was that these things would be looked at in the near future.