No text and white blocks over text

i had a 9700 pro before this and i never had a problem before. i was able to turn on the ani and the FSAA with no problems, nice and sharp crisp graphics.

EDIT: you posted when i posted, i will try the alt-tab trick

EDIT EDIT: goody it works, thanx for the alt-tab trick

[ May 02, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

Yes, the alt-tab thing works for the scenarios but does not take care of the whited-out text problem. And the lost text is crucial for gameplay, because it includes the unit strength (casualty) number, the ammo figure, the turn numer, etc. Funny because I did not have this problem with my 9500 until I tweaked with it a bit. I'll try to tweak it back to where it was before the problems.

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

i had a 9700 pro before this and i never had a problem before. i was able to turn on the ani and the FSAA with no problems, nice and sharp crisp graphics.

I can't get the block text to dissapear, any hints mr Noobie? I really, really want to play it with FSAA on.

Hi,

I'm using a 9700 and have the same annoying problem when I turn on FSAA... Very sad, all other games work fine. Anyway, I found a little fix, which is not a thing of beauty but it might be refined..

In the .bmp-folder of CMBB there are three files (think they're called 1.bmp, 2.bmp + 3.bmp), depicting just alphabets and characters. Those are used to display text ingame. I edited the background color to magenta, hoping it would be interpreted as transparent - which it wasn't - but at least the text ingame had a magenta background and was readable. As I said, it it not a thing of beauty, but maybe someone tries fiddling with the colors a bit? I can't find the time at the moment.

Originally posted by Tinhead:

Hi,

I'm using a 9700 and have the same annoying problem when I turn on FSAA... Very sad, all other games work fine. Anyway, I found a little fix, which is not a thing of beauty but it might be refined..

In the .bmp-folder of CMBB there are three files (think they're called 1.bmp, 2.bmp + 3.bmp), depicting just alphabets and characters. Those are used to display text ingame. I edited the background color to magenta, hoping it would be interpreted as transparent - which it wasn't - but at least the text ingame had a magenta background and was readable. As I said, it it not a thing of beauty, but maybe someone tries fiddling with the colors a bit? I can't find the time at the moment.

hey that did the trick! i can live with this, its not that distracting. i will release this to the mod database. thnx!