Your Best Screen Shot?

MarkEzra

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Floating AC units can easily happen on 'recycled' maps. Its easy to overlook that AC unit that had been attached to now-deleted building.

Although, anyone whose ever lived in rural country will have seen their share of rusting AC units in the field by the side of the road before. And broken refrigerators, and cardboard boxes filled with empty liquor bottles, and even (in Maine) the occassional roadkill moose! ;)

...and even (in Maine) the occassional roadkill moose!

Since I am now living in Maine myself and have seen the first moose first hand recently, I feel qualified to add that in the case described above you would most likely also see a total car wreck very close nearby :)

The single worst thing I ever saw was a HORSE hit by a car at 70mph. Black horse, black night ,black road, in back side of nowhere Arizona. As the miraculously alive friend who was driving put it " I didn't know anything was wrong until the airbag went off". There were horse parts scattered for at least three hundred yards.

Even with a big car, hitting a moose would most likely just knock his long legs out from under him, sending all 1500 lbs through the windshield. On the plus side roadkill moose is free and tastes like very lean beef. Ah, I'm all nostalgic for the land of my birth. ;)

Moose_crossing_a_road.jpg

Not a Game bug. This is a scen designer error. If it's QB then it's most likely mine.

It's from the "Heads Up" mission in the TF Thunder campaign. Not a big deal, but I still found it to be pretty funny. I remember seeing those AC units littered all over the place in Iraq.

Heck, ever heard of a bomb shelter in Iraq complete with air conditioning? Yep, we had one of those:

Picture36.jpg

:D

• 2 weeks later...