Your Best Screen Shot?

MarkEzra

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bin wadi changed the sides:

traitor.jpg

This looks like it's from birdstrike's "3:10 to Yuma" scenario. That would make sense -- the Syrian spy is supposed to be Abdullah bin Wadi, the captured insurgent leader whom the Blue forces (Marines standing in for Delta Force operators) in the scenario are guarding until the 'cavalry' can arrive.

Wild. I had no idea spies could use weapons. The icon shows a knife or machete. Do they have some nominal close combat capability too?

AFAIK, hand-to-hand combat is not modeled in CMSF, so the icon is not to be taken as indicative of a unit's capabilities.

This isn't a screen shot, but a whole turn from a quick battle I just played. I think this is some of the most destruction I've ever seen in a single turn.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/dkr2/images/BFC/Quick Battle 031 Wow.bts

The save was made at the end of the turn, so it is in the observation phase. It uses the base CM:SF game, no Marines module required.

This isn't a screen shot, but a whole turn from a quick battle I just played. I think this is some of the most destruction I've ever seen in a single turn.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/dkr2/images/BFC/Quick Battle 031 Wow.bts

The save was made at the end of the turn, so it is in the observation phase. It uses the base CM:SF game, no Marines module required.

Nice bit of chaos, except the exploding carnage in that turn woke my sleeping wife. :)

restarted the Marines Campaign, this is from mission 2. firing heavely on one of the objectives with SMAW, 40mm, M249 and M4s made the enemy think the house wasnt so safe, so they ran out the back door...

big mistake, the Marines Platoon that arrives on foot have been taking the house closest to them so I now had 2 MG teams and SMAW teams on the roof top not to mention Cobras doing attacks. this looked wonderful when it happend...

First the running syrians get cut down by M240 and M4 fire from the rooftop

poorsyrians1.jpg

Seconds later the cobra sweeps in and cleans the rest up with its autocannon :eek:

poorsyrians2.jpg

Probleby the syrians was praying to allah to come and help them, and so he did in the shape of a AH-1 Cobra :cool:

Another one from the bin Wadi scenario -- shows not only how powerful aerial attacks can be, but how accurate. The building in the foreground was hit a few seconds earlier with a large bomb from an F-15. Note that the building is destroyed (and cratered, even); meanwhile, the American soldiers atop the adjacent building stare in awe. There were no friendly casualties from this attack.

3250454757_0caf4e2248_d.jpg

Another one from the bin Wadi scenario -- shows not only how powerful aerial attacks can be, but how accurate. The building in the foreground was hit a few seconds earlier with a large bomb from an F-15. Note that the building is destroyed (and cratered, even);.... There were no friendly casualties from this attack.

Wow. F-15E Strike Eagle, oooh-rah!

The last time I played "3:10 to Yuma", my JTAC team (or should I say CCT) got sniped while on the first floor of the police building (i.e., not in the cell building), and an A-10 ended up strafing one of my few surviving Humvees. Ouch.

meanwhile, the American soldiers atop the adjacent building stare in awe.

And cough in the copious dust and dodge the debris raining down, no doubt.

There is danger close, and then there is HOLY ^^$&^$.

Then again a major battle in the original Afghan op was won in large part because the the Afghans on our side were ahead of there cue, the JTAC thought he had killed them all. Instead they got into the enemy position while the Taliban were still trying to find their eardrums and clear the dust out of their eyes. It settled the whole battle basically. A lot of risk and a lot of reward in that sort of thing.

a major battle in the original Afghan op was won in large part because the the Afghans on our side were ahead of there cue, the JTAC thought he had killed them all. Instead they got into the enemy position while the Taliban were still trying to find their eardrums and clear the dust out of their eyes. It settled the whole battle basically. A lot of risk and a lot of reward in that sort of thing.

I've read about that particular instance in a few different sources. That battle was in November or December 2001, IIRC. ODA 555, CCT (Combat Controller Team) inclusive, was spotting for a B-52 that was just beginning its bomb run on the Taliban positions (which included a couple dug-in tanks), when one of Afghan warlord Rashid Dostum's commanders misunderstood a message over the radio and ordered his force to charge. The B-52's bomb (it was huge, definitely larger than 2000#, but I forget the exact size) struck the Taliban positions just before the Afghan cavalry (as they rode charging onward, they were firing their AKs rested on their left arms, which were holding the reins) got within the blast radius, so that the charge swept over the Taliban before they had a chance to regain their senses. It could have just as easily happened that the Afghan militia charge arrived before the bomb, and the fallout from the resultant friendly-fire losses might have crippled the USSOC/Northern Alliance effort. So no doubt ODA 555 guys wiped the sweat from their brows and breathed a sigh of relief afterward.