*NEW MOD* -- STRYKER BLACK OPS UNIT

For my first modding effort in CMSF, I chose the uniform, vehicle, and weapons of a Stryker spec ops unit whose existence is known but impossible to confirm---since DOD staff and military personnel predictably respond to any questions with a “no comment.”

The unit was organized in response to numerous situations where individuals such as Bin Laden or other high-value personnel targets have been located in a specific area, but without exact enough coordinates (such as a particular building or vehicle) to use precision guided munitions. Even when US military planners have had operable intelligence and employed so-called “surgical” strikes, in both Afghanistan and Iraq the result has too often been that the buildings or vehicles destroyed were empty or occupied by low-value personnel (such as civilians).

The Stryker spec ops team I’m modding has been one approach to this problem. From what I’ve read on-line and in print sources, this small (five to seven men) unit of intensively-trained operatives can deploy high-yield, limited-area, tactical thermonuclear weapons utilizing a newly refined substance called tritium isotope Y-238, also nicknamed “parboiled uranium.” The result is a device that can essentially vaporize an area of up to a mile across with *no* radioactive fall-out (and hence, no detection as a nuclear device). Such a large effective strike area means that getting anywhere close to the target insures optimal results.

Although such devices might possibly be seen as a technical “violation” of arms treaties if their use became known, the nature of the weapons allow for maximum secrecy through their wide-ranging collateral effects also referred to as “zero witness survival.”

The units using the new tactics/weapons are known as High-Effectiveness Locate-and-Level Operations using Kill-and-Incapacitate Thermonuclear Tactical Y-238, also known as H.E.L.L.O. K.I.T.T.Y. units.

All the above is background to the reason I was eager to try modding them: they have unique uniform patches and other I.D. devices, and use their own specialized version of the Kalashnikov assault rifle, along with a hand-held launching system that fires the “Parboiled Uranium” Ranged Rocket or P.U.R.R. They also have their own modified Stryker-family vehicle that can be used in black ops and other clandestine situations where typical military vehicles might be more readily noticed.

First I modded some of the regular CMSF US uniforms with some of the special identifiers of the HELLO KITTY units:

2093632240100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

The uniform patches have an additional benefit of making the soldiers less frightening to small children, not to mention making any descriptions of the uniforms by OPFOR troops to their officers more or less unbelievable (“Their unit patches were what?”).

In this mod, note the nuclear-themed unit identifier backpack banner, nicknamed the “Kitty on the Can” patch.

2190602340100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

I’m still working on the mod of their special version of the Kalashnikov assault rifle based on this low-res photo from a rogue web site.

2596869450100808906S425x425Q85.jpg

I’ve also almost finished modding the P.U.R.R. rocket mentioned above. The P.U.R.R., a modified Javelin, carries the small thermonuclear warhead shown below with its distinctive camo scheme:

2895284180100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2918044240100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

I’m modding the H.E.L.L.O. K.I.T.T.Y. transport vehicle shown here in highway transport mode in a rare photo from the website mentioned above. Note the driver’s pink helmet—have to work on that one later. This is an unconventional approach to a low-profile black ops vehicle, based on the theory that onlookers will either ignore it as too silly to be a military vehicle or else be rendered helpless with laughter until the vehicle is out of the area.

2401453250100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

I know I’m going to get a lot of

“I’m drooling already! WHEN WILL THIS BE DONE????”

“I WANT IT NOW ALREADY!”

“PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW!?”

To which I gotta reply: I know it’s hard to wait, guys, but please be patient; when a mod is as good as this one looks to be, it’s worth waiting for.

I mean, almost everyone is a hello kitty fan…

2363397570100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks & glad it provided some enjoyment; it kept me off the streets and away from any actual modding for some time...

I'm honored that Steve added some pics to his "insane customer contributions" folder, and funny that he should mention the legendary HAMPSTERTRUPPEN! I just found a folder on my drive filled with pics like this from those glory days of, uh, hampsters dressed up as WWII soldiers, tankers, and flyers:

2313148270100808906S500x500Q85.jpg

And, I should have added these credits but didn't want to disturb the serious documentary-like atmosphere of the first post:

The Bin Laden pic (with Hello Kitty modification) was at the http://www.ogresview.com.

The Hello Kitty "transport vehicle" is actually a "US M93 Fox Recon vehicle...used for Nuclear, Biological and Chemical detection and are based on the German TPz1 Fuchs APC" according to a letter on the website at http://www.thepeoplescube.com

The "special version of the Kalashnikov" rifle is to be found at http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.html

Where the following is noted (don't know if it's serious...):

"The Glambo Signature Series "Hello Kitty" HK-AK-47

The world should note the hand-crocheted shoulder-stock muffler and the anodized titanium plating. This fully functional firearm fires standard 7.62mm 125 or 150 grain ammunition with a muzzle velocity of approximately 710 meters per second and a maximum effective range of approximately 300 meters. Several choices in stock wood are available. With a limited run of only 500, buy now before they're gone! A mere $100 extra includes Glambo's signature wood-burnt into the opposite side of the handguard. A perfect gift for the young lady of the house.

A bargain at only $1072.95!"

• 3 weeks later...