Peng Challenge, What a Beautiful Thread

dalem

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

So, your decision to work for local government was spot on, eh?

Local government? Pray, do tell me whatever gave you that idea? I'll have you know I work for the finest greedy monopoly this side of the Tasman.

[ February 01, 2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: v42below ]

I remember when I first entered the MBT, it was in response to a query put forward by Seanachai, asking why we hate the Australians. Well, here is a reason to pity them, and make sure they always keep their drool buckets with them.

"Kung Fu Lion

Historic Darwin Award Nominee

Confirmed by Darwin

(Late 1989s, Australia) A rather impressionable student of kung fu listened with rapt attention when his instructor dramatically informed the class, "Now that you have reached this level in your training, you can kill wild animals with your bare hands!"

The martial arts trainee took the statement as gospel, and headed to the Melbourne zoo to test his mettle with the wildest animal of all: the lion. In the dead of night, he slipped into the zoo, leapt into the lion enclosure, and engaged a suitable king of the jungle in combat.

He would probably have lost a one-on-one fight, but he never got to try. His naive fight plan didn't account for the enthusiasm of the lion's pride for a tender intruder; nor did it give sufficient weight to the possibility that his instructor didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Zoo employees found his remains -- two arms and hands -- the following morning, with shreds of red fur grasped tightly in his fingers."

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Well, here is a reason to pity them, and make sure they always keep their drool buckets with them.

Don't make me go searching for articles about dumb Americans, because I don't want to spend a week collecting all that bountiful material, nor spam the MBT with a Tolstoyesque length post.

*pokes tongue out*

Originally posted by Shandorf:

Ya know... Just being back for a few days I can see with the utmost clarity that you guys take this **** way too seriously... How about I kick some of your butts in a good old CMBB game?

That sounds like a real challenge! Not like the "what passes for a real challenge, but is really a lot of verbosity and bloviation", so send me a set up for CMBB, a scenario or QB, your choice, we'll discuss the particulars over a spot of tea and some caviar.

........ that word alond

Hey Boo that is so true, that word "alond" is one of those words that can make modern speakers quake in their boots, while trying to fathom the implications of its usage in even the most common of contexts.

You have really pointed out something that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of colloquial usage. Remember if we dont take charge of our language the terrorists will win.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

........ that word alond

Hey Boo that is so true, that word "alond" is one of those words that can make modern speakers quake in their boots, while trying to fathom the implications of its usage in even the most common of contexts.

You have really pointed out something that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of colloquial usage. Remember if we dont take charge of our language the terrorists will win. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

........ that word alond

You have really pointed out something that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of colloquial usage. Remember if we dont take charge of our language the terrorists will win. </font>