Combat Mission Shock Force - Video AAR (VAAR) Contest

Just thought I'd mention that I've uploaded a short AAR to You Tube for the competition. I don't expect to win but it was fun putting it together. It's really only intended as a showcase for a variety of mods, including "US Ragtag Uniforms" (El_Terrifico), "US Radio Chatter" (Mord), "Explosions" and "Tracer" (Skipio), plus bits of other mods. It also features a booby trapped building going off! (wired IED placed under building in map editor, with trigger man placed in top floor, hiding, using the AI editor).

Here's a link to the video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ieU3q3j8zmY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, your videos won't be participating in the contest if you don't also submit them for the vidaar group. First, you need to apply for membership in the group, then you need to submit them as entries in the group. I see that Cpl Steiner applied for membership (it has been approved), but missinginreality still has to. After you are approved for membership in the group, you can submit vids (and they need to be first approved, too, before they appear in the list).

Cool vids guys. LOL. Really cool hearing the US Chatter Mod in action.

I was wondering about something. I've notice that on Cpl Steiner's video and another that was posted, that you have a choice to view them in high quality. I think BFC oughta take advantage of this because the graphics are much clearer, almost as clear as in game. The recent vids BFC posted are very murky compared to Cpl Steiner's...be a really good selling point for potential customers to have the high quality option when viewing.

Mord.

Yes Cpl Steiners vid was sooo clear [Thanks for the feedback CplSteiner - glad you liked it, and got touched by Neville :) ]; What codec did you use Cpl.Steiner? I used Xvid but youtube still seems to have compressed it a lot. And was odd coz it was a 640 x 400 res but still doesn't option to high quality - what was your rez? if you don't mind me asking that is.I'm wonderring what triggers the ability to have the HQ setting on youtube?

I'm surprised to be getting asked questions on how I did such a high quality recording - because it's my first one! Well, maybe second or third if you count a couple of experiments just to learn how to use Windows Movie Maker.

I used the free edition of Fraps for the recording, using 25 FPS and "half-size".

When I created the movie file in WMM it asked me what it was for and I said "My Computer". I know there is an option for the Web but I'm new to this and just wanted to see how it looked on my own PC. In retrospect, this could be why it is high quality, because I read somewhere later that You Tube compresses files - so you should record them at the highest quality you can before uploading.

Oh, and my screen res is 1280 by 1024 if that makes any difference.

I have Posted a new Vid: "Incident in Isra" (Parts 1 and 2) It's a VERY mixed bag of Uncon's, Syrian Militia an US Infantry. A large Civilian population is the center piece. Right now you can only find it here:

http://uk.youtube.com/user/WarlordMarkEzra

It has been uploaded to the AAR Contest site and will show up there in due course. This Vid was done with movie maker/fraps (full version @$37) and with some photo shop and audio clips. The audio clips were dl'd from several free sites.

Homage. I have had the privilege of being one of Wild Bill's Raiders. It was he who encouraged me to design scen (and POST them! Yikes) I had the thought of using WB's voice for the narration...As you may know he did many great voice overs for the SPWAW Campaigns (especially the Marines!). But since this is all new to me I settled on my nasally twang.

Apparently the upload didn't take...or I didn't follow instruction (who me?!). They got up today. All the VidHeads are to be congratulated for their excellent efforts. I expect None of us have ever done this type of thing before and that makes the work that much more remarkable. I hope the forum members will will pop over to the AAR contest site and check out all the Vids...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...